Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Should the landing page have the same address as my website?

sevensisters
Trust:

Should the landing page have the same address as my website?

I constructed a website using one program, and created a landing page with another, the difference between the two is the landing page has /wp at the end, which points people to my website and the product provider. Does this contravene any unseen small print in googles policies?
Any help appreciated.

david W
wollowra
Trust:
Hi David,
I am not sure what you mean.
But if you create a landing page with /wp on the end.. it is just another page on your website in Googles eyes.
Maybe you can elaborate more if you need a more detailed answer.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

thel.online.ph
Trust:
Hi,

As long as the domain is the same, then you are ok.

For example, dogtraining.com as the display URL would be ok for the following landing pages:

- site.dogtraining.com
- dogtraining.com/site/
- site.dogtraining.com/sites/

The following would not be okay for the example above:
- dogtraining-sites.com

Hope that helps.
newstart
Trust:
I do not see Google having a problem.

Normally a "Landing Page" is part of your website. I often establish two or three individual landing pages so that I can test which land page design is the most effective.

The secret, if there is a secret to internet affiliate marketing is testing everything you do.

Margene Smith
cecille.l
Trust:
You shouldn't run into any problem as Google only requires that both destination and display URLs are the same. The following help page on Google Adwords about display URLs will help. There are also other helpful links at the bottom.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The problem I see with split testing landing pages now is Google's stance on duplicate pages. Usually testing is done by creating duplicate pages and changing one or two things at a time. How are people managing split tests, without ramming their head against Google's Duplicate content rules on their site?
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Dec 16, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.