Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Setting up Adwords Conversion Tracking?

freekdl
Trust:

Setting up Adwords Conversion Tracking?

how do you set up the conversion tracking for adwords?
I noticed you can enter a tracking ID when you click 'create hoplink' in the clickbank marketplace, but the conversion code adwords gives me is javascript..

any help on this would be appreciated
freekdl
Trust:
one hour ago I was setting up an adwords campaign using a method I just read in an ebook.
I took a bath, looked at my adwords statistics when I came back and saw that I had 2 clicks. I thought hey, let's take a look at my clickbank account, who knows..

GUESS WHAT

I MADE MY FIRST SAAAAAAAALLLLEEEE!!!!!!! :D

Paid 1 euro for advertising and earned 43 dollars, nice ROI lol

I really didn't expect this you know, this was actually the first time that I was trying to get a sale! In the past month I learned as much as I could about internet marketing because I don't like to rush into things, and now within 1 hour, i made a sale!!!! what a feeling 8)

ps: most of the impressions are caused by me, I was changing my bid & checking my position in google.
I was number one for affiliate project x, and now all of the sudden I'm on page 2 of sponsored results.. is this because of the many impressions and low clicks? can I solve this by clicking my own ad a couple of times to increase CTR?

pps: I tried doubling my bid, but it doesn't help my ad ranking. If I delete it and write it again, will that help? I had the top position above the normal search results, and I'm quite sure this got me the sale..
I want more :twisted: lot's more
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Nice work!

What language is that?

Deleting your ad and starting over will not help. Your placement is based on your accounts quality score (yes the campaigns as well) - so just keep at it. I'll let someone else who is a master at PPC answer. My area is SEO.

Adrian,
freekdl
Trust:
dutch :)

It's strange.. I had 2 ads that were slightly different, but they used only 1 keyword & that was the same.
The ad that made the sale costs me 60 cents for the keyword, but to activate the same keyword in the second ad, I should bid 8 euros!!!
The ads were almost identical, only the last 2 words were different..
I don't understand.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
If you were number one for "affiliate project x", then your CTR should've been higher, I guess thats why your ad disappeared to the second page.

But I just saw that your bids went up to $8, sounds like you got google slapped. Are you sending this traffic to a landing page?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

freekdl
Trust:
No I use direct linking, that's why I think it's weird..
I read that if you get google slapped, it's best to get a new domain and upload the same stuff, but since I don't use a landing page on my domain for this..
The ad that made the sale is still running, but on the last page with sponsored results, i deleted the $8 one.
Using the same method I just set up 2 more campaigns and I'm also running in first place on my keyword, but I haven't got any clicks yet, hope they don't end up the same way :(
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hmm, I don't really know the answer here. I'm a bit rusty when it comes to PPC.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

freekdl
Trust:
Any hardcore adwords experts on this forum? :)
superaff
Trust:
Wow, Congrats. You are well on your way to become an adwords expert! One sale for 2 clicks!

The adwords expert is Mark. You should also look at the adwords video (if you did not). And read Mark's Blog Post on the Google Slap.

Adrian, I am not sure, but it seems like German or swedish.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'd definitely wait for Mark to weigh in here.

And it's Dutch ;) (Freek already mentioned it)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
It looks to me like you've been google slapped. The Affiliate Project X page is a three-page site, and that'll give it a low quality score. Even though it's a long sales page, there's just not enough content on the site.

If your first ad is still costing you 60c, I'm guessing that one is going to go up to 8 euros soon too. Sometimes it takes Google a few days/weeks to notice that you're linking to a poor quality site.

I'm guessing all affiliates wanting to direct-link to APX will have the same problem. In this case it would be best to create your own landing page with enough content to satisfy Google.

I'm doing a bit of a thing on landing pages for PPC (why you should really have one) in the Affilorama update this week. It might help :)

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

superaff
Trust:
Oops! I missed it!

sean06 wrote:I'd definitely wait for Mark to weigh in here.

And it's Dutch ;) (Freek already mentioned it)
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html