Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Separate landing pages for plural and singular keywords?

kenc138
Trust:

Separate landing pages for plural and singular keywords?

Hi guys,

I'm starting to build landing pages focusing on different "urgent" aspects of my niche. The question I have is this: Do I need to build 2 separate landing pages if I wanted to target "stop anxiety attacks" and "stop anxiety attack"?

Although these 2 phrases mean essentially the same thing, I've also heard AdWords theorycrafters say that they don't, and the person who targets a singular phrase is in a more "urgent" frame of mind.

At this point, I'm just trying to make the Adsbot happy. It's almost like this thing knows what searchers are thinking...before they even think it!

Thanks for the input :)
Last edited by michellerana on 06 May 10 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could use one landing page for both keywords ("stop anxiety attacks" and "stop anxiety attack") but you have to bid on both if you want your ad displayed on the singular and plural versions of your keyword.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kenc138
Trust:
Thanks Michelle :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
one thing they look at when reviewing your page is actually having the kw in your article. make sure you use each keyword you are targeting within the page text. remember, adwords campaigns are all human reviewed, so you need to make sure it is created for humans not a bot.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

faradina
Trust:
I believe it is not just landing pages for adwords ads that are human-reviewed and that all web pages are actually human-reviewed for relevance to keywords. I read something about search result quality evaluators on seobook long ago and logic tells me that it is true because how else would one explain the initial high ranking (given by the bots) of some new websites and then the subsequent sudden plunge (presumably after it was reviewed by humans and found wanting)?
And so it behooves us to have really good and relevant original content on our web pages.
andyblack
Trust:
You don't *need* to build separate landing pages for each kw you're bidding on. If volumes and potential value are there, then you should definitely consider creating separate sales funnels for each kw.

Singular and plural are often very different. Hence why when you use the Google Keyword Tool it returns counts for both.
robinjackman
Trust:
it's better to do separate landing pages for plural and singular keywords.

This topic was started on May 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.