Affilorama Birthday
Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

PPC testing

nates450r
Trust:

PPC testing

Ok everyone i would like to share my techniques for my ppc testing as far as keywords go
please, im sure you guys dont like paying google with no ROI either,

I feel i have a good understanding of ppc and adwords, and i also understand using ppc is like gambling in vages lol. its a big testing ground. i know this.

i track my websites traffic everyday, i keep a big eye on the traffic i get from my ppc campaign-i have optimized my landing page for the most used search terms they are also the most relevent to what my site is about
(EXAMPLE i am bidding on the same exact search terms that people are typing in) i have about 6 Kw's in my campaign

but no one has bought- i cant understand if people are typing in a term for information and my site comes up with the same search term that they typed in it seems like a win win for everyone. my site is not a crappy one it is filled with a lot of content and useful articles.

my landing page scores an A on traffic travis for the #1 keyword i use in my campaign.
curentlly im only using the search network.

what do you guys think?
Thanks, Nathan
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Nathan,
Are you using exact match keywords or just broad match?

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
im using broad right now
wollowra
Trust:
Why don't you open another campaign and try exact match.

Adwords is all about relevancy. If I search for [long red woolen sox] then I hope I go to a page that shows me long red woolen sox. But if you are using broad match keywords and I type in Long red woolen sox and your site comes up with just Red sox (because you used broad match).. then I will see your site sure... but do you have long red woolen sox? nope..

Result. You just paid for a click and I go off to find a site that has exactly what I searched for.

Regards
Troy

P.S Adwords is a hit and miss thing and requires alot of patience and strategy.
I suggest reading up on the latest adwords strategies to keep on top of things.
There are so many things that can affect an adwords campaign and so many variables.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
thank you,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
It is important to keep a close eye on your campaigns and tweak as needed.

Use the Google Site Optimizer and do some split testing to see what ads work best and give you a better quality score.

As Troy mentions a lot of it is about relevancy - both the ad itself and the landing page.

If youre ready to take your PPC to the next level I'd recommend the PPC Confessions pack - its a great investment.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

This topic was started on Oct 31, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.