Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

PPC Landing Page review

tshaffer
Trust:

PPC Landing Page review

Hi Everyone,

I finally got my PPC campaign running and haven't had a whole lot of clicks yet but I was wondering if anyone would take the time to tell me their thoughts about my ppc landing page. Its located at: http://fitnessgremlin.com/burnthefat/

any comments and criticism would be much appreciated. This page is for my ad campaign that is totally centered on Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle, so the entirety of the keywords are about the first product so far.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by ampie g on 20 Jan 10 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited broken link

johncrosbie
Trust:
Very impressive! I particularly like your share links (cool) and subtle hyperlink back to the main SEO site (sneaky). The whole site looks super-professional. Great job!

As you tweak the site, how about
* adding a welcome page where you set the stage and introduce your character?
* adding some additional links to the footer (like privacy policy and disclaimer and terms of service)?
* adding a few weight-loss banners and hyperlinks to the SEO pages?
* deleting the opt-in box at the bottom of SEO articles? One per page should be enough.

They're just minor suggestions. Overall, it looks great!

BTW, how are your Google adword quality scores? I'm getting hammered, and I wonder if Google is cracking down on affiliates.

all the best

John
tshaffer
Trust:
Thanks John,
I really appreciate the review. I'll definitely integrate those suggestions, I added my opt-in box to the left nav bar last night to my SEO articles so I can definitely tone down them being twice on every page.

My Google adword quality scores are 10/10 for all my keywords. I don't know if this is because I SEO rank for most of them already or because my campaign is extremely conservative (I wasn't sure yet about the landing pages) or what. But I'm getting pretty good marks there.

I actually need a privacy policy, terms of service and disclaimer. That is a great reminder.

Thanks again for your review!

Tracy
tshaffer
Trust:
Oh, by the way, my Share links are a cool wordpress plug-in called Sociable. It lets you pick and choose from a whole ton of web 2.0 links and then adds them to every page you want them on.
johncrosbie
Trust:
Tracy

10/10 is fantastic. Congratulations!

There's something seriously wrong with my adwords campaign. Even though my keywords and ads and landing pages are well matched and laser focused, every keyword is 1/10. It's driving me nuts.

How long did it take you to rank for all your keywords?

When you say your campaign is conservative, do you mean you don't have many affiliate banners/links? Do you think that affects keyword quality score?

Thanks for the share links plug-in tip. I'll definitely add that to my site.

How did you get your URLs under your forum post?

Thanks for the helpful tips.

all the best

John
johncrosbie
Trust:
Tracy

How about trying a colored background to your sidebar (and maybe changing your link colors) so the article links stand out?

all the best

John
tshaffer
Trust:
Thanks John,

Thanks for the ideas. Yes, I started messing around with the link colors and sidebar. I like blue for the links, blue is universal link color.

When I say my campaign is conservative, I have only review keywords about one particular product and the PPC page I sent this thread to is optimized for those words. It took me about 3 weeks to rank for it from scratch, but I use AMAutomation (which rocks) so that really sped the process along. That might be the reason for my high quality score. Its easy for me to build landing pages, once I'm sure the ones I am making are good, so I will be making landing pages for each ad group once I widen the campaign. Right now I just have one ad group with about 10 keywords. Very specific keywords, with a large negative keyword list. Its conservative for right now, since I've not done PPC before.

Regards,

Tracy
johncrosbie
Trust:
Tracy

Thanks for the tips.

all the best

John

This topic was started on Jun 23, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.