Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

PPC Keywords Converting

darren.ackers
Trust:

PPC Keywords Converting

Hi All

My marriage site is not quite there on the organic results. Its making sales but I have no idea which PPC keywords are converting. Is there anyway I can test to see which are converting?

My site is save my marriage based and the keyword marriage tips is using 50% of my budget.
anil
Trust:
Depends on your budget. Take a look at prosper (free) or CPV Lab ($300 for 1 year). Both will allow you to track which exact keywords are converting for you.

Get this setup asap!
andriduff
Trust:
Hi All,

I am newbie here, regarding xconversions.com, do you recommend this tool for affliate link tracking? my site are simple wordpress blog with comparison price info from amazon and other network such as CJ and Linkshare.

Is it able to accurately tracking each of those aff links and show which keywords are converting?

Does Amazon allow to use this tool?
anil
Trust:
Have never used that tool, but can't see Amazon having a problem with you using a tracking tool. If in doubt, read through the Amazon TOS.
jay3
Trust:
darren.ackers wrote:Hi All

My marriage site is not quite there on the organic results. Its making sales but I have no idea which PPC keywords are converting. Is there anyway I can test to see which are converting?

My site is save my marriage based and the keyword marriage tips is using 50% of my budget.

Hey Darren,

It's easy to track lead conversions by sending specific keywords to specific landing pages, but tracking sale conversions can be a little tricky.

Dunno how you would do this with non amazon, clickbank products so i'll just go out on a limb, and assume you're either a clickbank or amazon affiliate.

If the products you are preselling are clickbank products i'd track them by using a tracking id for the page you're sending traffic to.

Amazon also has something similar they also call tracking ids. These end with -20, so you could assign each landing page and campaign its own tracking id e.g. landingpagea-20, landingpageb-20.

So if you make a sale via the tracking id landingpagea-20 (or your clickbank tracking id), you can track back the campaign that made you that sale and hence the keyword that made you the sale in the process ;-)

I also use a tool called keywordspy at keywordspy.com to track the ppc keywords used by competitors in my niche.

What, you should be looking for are advertisers who have been advertising certain keywords for a long period of time with a good roi.

Although not fullproof, it's a good sign they're making money with those keywords.

You can then either take those keywords and target them organically OR use the same keywords and advertise on other networks like adknowledge.com (=just an example, haven't tried them yet).

Hope that helps somewhat.

Cheers,
Jay
Another Awe$ome Online Community And I've Managed To Get You In For $7 - http://www.btf2012.com/they-laughed-until.php

charles7328
Trust:
Pay-per-click search engines can give you instant traffic and allow you to test new business models in real time. However, the pay-per-click market is competitive.see more

This topic was started on Jun 06, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.