Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Pay-Per-Click Issue - How can I get my ad on the page?

seriousbusinessman
Trust:

Pay-Per-Click Issue - How can I get my ad on the page?

I am trying to run a Pay-Per-Click marketing campaign as an affiliate of 2 free weight loss supplements ($20 for free trial sign up). However, several of the keywords I am trying I cannot even get on the page for. As soon as I create an add for a search term like "weight loss supplement" it already says that it will not display. I tried increasing my CPC to as high as 50 cents but it still wouldn't show. Are there any other ways to get my ad on the page without going higher than 50 cents (which would be outragous!) I mean I cannot increase my click through rate if my site never appears to begin with. What can I do?
kiwiboy
Trust:
Hi there serious..

your keyword, I would inmagine to be up over the five $$ p/c

and you would require further keyword reaserch, and testing..

google has got a estimate cost per click in the edit keywords page...that is useful an correct...

what you need to doo is think, of all other keyword an phrases that you can, and check there popularity and competition...

eg free fat loss supplement
fat loss supplement free
free stuff for fat loss bla bla bla...

its all about trial and error... and you never know what simple words and phrases you may come across...

hope this helps...good luck

seriousbusinessman
Trust:
ok so i guess i'm looking too broad with my search term? What tools are best to compare keywords and stuff. I mean i know there are million tools out there that find alternative keywords but where do I find like competition and traffic for keywords. Also, in terms of SEO, are those the same things I should be checking? Finally, what kind of ratio to searches to competition should I be looking for?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hi there Mr Serious.

I'm no PPC expert, but there are strategies for finding profitable keywords for PPC. We've covered it a few times here in Affilorama (see the whole series of lessons with Jason Katzenback, and I think there's a lesson called "how to find profitable PPC markets" or something along those lines.

I'm not too sure why they wouldn't be letting your ad appear right off the bat. If you'd tried running the campaign before, they might have taken a look at your landing page and said "nope, not good enough" and given you the googleslap (where they increase your minimum CPC to something astronomical to weed out the poor quality listings).

Mark covers that stuff in the lessons with Jason Katzenback. I really recommend you spend some time going through that whole thing. It's hiding away in the June 07 update. Don't forget to get the notes too (in the PDF) because those boys have a habit of rambling off in all directions. :)

Good luck!
Aletta
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/