09 May 10 10:18 pm
I've just joined so thought my first contribution should be to help where I can.
Optimising your PPC campaign typically means doing whatever you can to increase your CTR, reduce your CPC, and increase your Impression Share. This is the top of your sales funnel... obviously you don't just increase the CTR without thinking about what effect it has on your LP CTR and overall ROI.
Off the top of my head (assuming you have 10 keywords x 3 match types = 30 keywords... and assuming you are using the Search Networks and not the Content Networks):
1) Make a note of your CTR, Avg CPC, and Impression Share for each of the keywords.
2) Create a new campaign called "Clickbank - Exact" or similar.
3) Create 10 separate Adgroups for each of the keywords you are bidding on, and make them all Exact match. Yes, that means having one exact match keyword per Adgroup. Make the Ads highly relevant to the keyword by sprinkling the keywords into the Adcopy, in particular the Title if you can. Set appropriate Max CPC.
4) Do the same for two separate campaigns "Clickbank - Phrase" and "Clickbank - Broad". The easiest way is using the Adwords Editor... where it'll take you under 30 seconds to duplicate the Adgroups, keywords, and Ad copy... then change the keyword match types en mass.
5) Pause your original Adgroups.
6) Voila.... highly optimised Adwords Campaign.
7) Monitor the new ones and check CTR, Avg CPC, and Impression Share over the coming days/weeks/etc.
I hope that helps.