Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

NEED HELP: PPC Bidding Prices

auscast
Trust:

NEED HELP: PPC Bidding Prices

In Affiloblue Print Mark suggests for regular keywords to start at $0.60 per click. But I dont understand if he means per keyword, or per adgroup? There's a bid price for each ad group, but then each individual keyword inside of each adgroup can have their own bidding price as well. Which one am I supposed to bid for? $0.60 per individual keyword, or for the adgroup as a whole?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Aus,
Well you can do both actually.
The adgroup CPC will be the default you start with for the whole group when you do not have an individual Keyword CPC set.
You can set the individual keywords later.

So if you had 3 keywords in an adgroup and you set the whole adgroup CPC to say, .60, then the keywords in that adgroup will be set at .60,
then you wanted one of those keywords in the adgroup to be set at .40, then only that 1 keyword will be set at .40 and the others will stay at .60

Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
tylerj
Trust:
Start with the ad group, then you can adjust by individual keyword later as needed.
auscast
Trust:
ok thx guys. One other thing, does it take a while for statistics to show in one's adwords campaign manager?

When I click on the HOME tab in my adwords account it shows that I have 3 clicks for one of my ad's under the Best Performing Keywords, but when I click on the actual campaign there's no data at all.

Kinda confused about that...

This topic was started on Dec 13, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.