Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Need Help A.S.A.P. With Adwords Campaign!!

rudolf
Trust:

Need Help A.S.A.P. With Adwords Campaign!!

Hi guys,

A quick question: we just launched our Adwords campaign, however since we live outside the US (we target the US), we don't see our ads appearing when we search for our keywords. Is this because we live in a different country? How can we still check our advertisements? We tried searching Google.com and Google.us doesn't seem to exist?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Rudolf
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
There is a way to check this, although I can't remember how to do it.

Is there any major reason why you need to see them so badly? You'll find that google provides a lot of what you would want to know.

Hope that helps.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Here 'ya go :D

(http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/a ... swer=44886)
rudolf
Trust:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I managed to fix the problem by adding The Netherlands to advertising regions.

Also thanks for the tool link. I never knew about that test page!

However, I can't seem to get the test page to work. If I use the following code, I should be able to see the exact results Americans do:

(broken link removed)

However, it doesn't work for me. When entering my search term I still get advertisements from The Netherlands so its definetely not working. Also, when deleting The Netherlands from the regions my ad for my search term doesn't show either. It should be appearing, since I should see what Americans would when searching for my term.

You see, currently I don't know how many competitors I really have, right now I can only see the competitors that advertise worldwide and in my own country.

Can anyone help me with this? It is getting really frustrating for me.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards, Rudolf
Last edited by ampie g on 29 Jan 10 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Why exactly do you want to know how many competitors you have? All you really need to know is where you are placing right? And google gives you your average for this.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
eddie53
Trust:
Hi Rudolf,

Try pasting the following into your address bar and hit enter

(broken link removed)

Replace the xxxxx with your keyword.

If your keyword is a phrase, then add a + instead of a space between words

xxxx+xxxx+xxxx
Last edited by ampie g on 29 Jan 10 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

rudolf
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Why exactly do you want to know how many competitors you have? All you really need to know is where you are placing right? And google gives you your average for this.

Hi Sean,

We've done some keyword research, and we know the average searches but we do not know how tough the competition is, since we can't see exactly what the US citizens are seeing. Right now we're seeing results from competitors who advertise worldwide and even from our own country. So we'll never know who all of our competitors are. We want to know everything about our competitors. This way we can target better keywords that have less competition. Also,

Eddie,

Thanks for the link. I tried doing exactly what you said, but our ads are still not showing up, while they should be. Also, we're still seeing ads from The Netherlands, so I suspect we're still seeing the worldwide results.

I just can't seem to get it to work..?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards, Rudolf

PremiumMember
eddie53
Trust:
Hi Rudolf,

Are you replacing the xxxxxx in the address bar and hitting enter?

Don't use the google search box.
rudolf
Trust:
Thanks Eddie,

That did the trick. Instead of using the search box I changed the keyword in the url. That worked perfectly. Thanks again.

Regards, Rudolf