Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Impossible to make money with Adwords?

gcaine
Trust:

Impossible to make money with Adwords?

I'm making decent money on my sites from natural search engine traffic and I'm considering trying adwords.

My problem is that either my math is wrong or it's nearly impossible to make money using adwords.

Some of you are making money so please explain what's wrong with my logic.

Even if I could get the phrases at 10 cents a click 1000 clicks would cost $100

I'd be very surprised if my landing page converted over 3% so that means out of 1000 clicks I'd be sending 30 people to the sales page of the product I'm trying to sell.

Even if his page converts at 3% that means I've made 0.9 sales which means I need to get a bit over $111 per sale just to break even.

10 cents a click seem unlikely on a phrase that has competition doesn't it?

And if I understand correctly 3% conversation rates are on the high side.

I've written some tracking code so I will have a better idea what my pages are converting at.

Anyway can you please explain to me what's wrong with my math or just how I can make money with this?
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
If you only sent through 3% of visitors to your landing page, then that is a terribly low percentage.

Your landing page should either send at least 50% of visitors through to the merchants site. Or, if you have a squeeze page, make sure that at least 35% of your visitors optin to your mailing list (and then send people to the merchants site after that).

Either way, you should get WAAAY more than 3% to visit the merchant's website. Yes 3% is on the high side for merchants. You will probably convert at 10% or more on the product name search terms, but will probably convert at 1-2% for other niche search terms that are relevant.

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

gcaine
Trust:
I've just started tracking how many people actually go to the merchants sites from my sales page, but it looks like you are right. I get way people clicking through than I had thought.

I'm starting to think it may be worth spending some money on this.

Thanks for the reply.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
You're welcome. Let me know how you progress.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

gcaine
Trust:
I had to put it on pause until I can figure out what's wrong.

Maybe you have an idea.

I'm using a program that I purchased that does set the Clickbank cookie and then I can send them right to the order page.

I tested it by setting the cookie from another one of my other sites, then going to the one with the order page and clicking on the order.

My ID shows up on the order page.

I also cleared and disabled cookies on my browser and I still see my ID.

The problem is that I've sent over 100 people to the order pages of 4 products and I got credit for 0 sales on those products.

If I can get even half of the sales that it looks like I should be getting then adwords would indeed make me a lot of money.

Naturally Click bank wouldn't help because for some reason they don't want affiliates to send the visitors to the order page.

If anyone has any ideas, or similar experiences please tell me.
PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
If you want, flick your link here and I will go through the process you are sending your users on and I can track if my cookie / your userid shows up.

If you don't want to post the url here, then feel free to private message it to me.
gcaine
Trust:
Actually I've determined that Clickbank is tracking fine.

I've found what is causing the problem and I'm working on it now.

If you want to check things over anyway my site is
http://www.singlescafe.net

Just go to the ebook section and look for "The Women Men Adore"

I have links to the sales page and order page, but the problem is that the links are getting changed every day.

I've just found out my host is running out of disk space so that may have something to do with it.