Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

How to Reduce a High Bounce Rate on PPC Landing Page?

rudolf
Trust:

How to Reduce a High Bounce Rate on PPC Landing Page?

Hi Folks,

If you've ever looked at your Analytics statistics, you'll notice it displays your Bounce Rate. Our is extremely high, as high as 80 to 90%.

What can be done to reduce this? We've reviewed our whole campaign, including advertisements and landing page, and we decided to use the Adwords Website Optimizer and re-write our ads.

So we're busy figuring it out ourselves, but we lack the experience to see through common reasons that cause people to immediately bounce.

Who can share us their experiences with decreasing Bounce Rates? Who knows of any common mistakes that are made? Right now we're running a "one page" review site much similar to Marks site: http://learnerspanish.com/learn_spanish/.

The idea is to get to know common causes so that we can more easily figure out what's causing this high Bounce Rate.

Thanks in advance, Maarten & Rudolf
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
This is something I find as well.

The only thing I can think of is that your page isn't what the searcher was looking for. They clicked on your ad and went "nope" straight away.

If you want to fix this, try and work out exactly what people are looking for when they type in each search phrase.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Relativity is the key... I experience high bounce rates too.
rudolf
Trust:
Thanks for your replies,

I was just hoping someone could suggest some reasons right of the bat, you know, the common problems.

Regards, Rudolf.
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Well, unless your landing page is retarded, it's probably just what I wrote above.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

rudolf
Trust:
Hi Sean,

Since our landing page isn't retarded you must be right. The next few weeks we'll be launching a new, much more accurately targeted Adwords campaign along with keyword targeted landing pages.

Thanks again,

Rudolf.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Sounds good, let us know how you go with it.
www.SixDayWeekend.com