Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

How many keywords should I start with?

jimmyting
Trust:

How many keywords should I start with?

Hello All,

I'm building up my keyword list by using traffic travis.......but after I'v delete those irrelevant keywords........resulting I'v only got a list of 82 keywords.....

Is that gana be alright for both SEO and PPC?

Or what else can I do to extend my list?

Cheers
check out som useful twitter tools

www.freetwittertoolsreview.com

faradina
Trust:
What you need is 25 "normal" keywords with 3 or more words and at least 1500 search volume in Google plus another 5 keywords in the form of “product name review” or “author name review” with the same minimum search volume.
If those keywords that you now have meet the criteria above, then you are definitely alright.
jimmyting
Trust:
ok.....I'v just categorized the keyword list~!

I'v got more than 10 keywords under one category which meet the requirement as listed above.....1500 search volume in Google...but the rest of keywords r under 1500....

Should I change my niche?

jasondodd
Trust:
I'd probably suggest you review Week 1, Video 5 on keyword competition - it will help you see that while a 1500 search volume is what youre aiming for dont panic if some of your words dont achieve that - better to have a site with a less than perfect keyword list than no site at all!

Also your PPC keywords will be different from SEO - refer to weeks 10 - 12 for more info on that.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

jimmyting
Trust:
Thanx for your help Faradina and Jason,

I'm tryin to write 10 articles with the keywords I'v got.

Trying to get it goin.......rather than not doing anything :)

Cheers
JT

This topic was started on Jul 22, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.