Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Getting started with PPC campaigns - Do I need a website?

glenda
Trust:

Getting started with PPC campaigns - Do I need a website?

Hi - it's Glenda here! (a newbie of course)
Tell me , is it necessary to have landing pages and websites etc. to do pay per click campaigns on say Google for example? Are there campaigns out there that are just linking straight to the mother company running the affiliate program in order to sell the product? I'm unclear, I've read that much from all over the place I don't know whether it's Google law to have landing pages, websites etc. or not. I've gathered that they bring you better chances of making the sale and legitimizing your online chances but in looking around the web there seems to be a lot of affliate adwords programs that just link straight to the company they're promoting. Am I missing the point here? Are these people making any money at all or just spending a fortune on ppc for very little return?
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks Glenda.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Having a landing page is not required by Google however it is highly suggested for these reasons:

1) Your cost per click will be much higher if you direct link.
2) Only 1 site allowed per keyword.
3) You have the option to pre-sell to the customer.
4) You can gather customers information.
5) Your mini-site will seem more relevant and will cost less if you have articles on it.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh, the "googlecash" method used to be good because not as many people were doing it. Now most markets will be saturated with a couple of affiliates, so it's hard to do.

The harder your business is to replicate, the better you'll be in the long run.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

glenda
Trust:
Thank you for the reply. It clarifies the notion that you can't just log on these days and voula!!! it's a happening thing. Many entrepreneurs out there would still have you think that. Your comments have been taken on board. Affilorama certainly gives the impression that in order to make it on the net there has to be the effort that goes with it.

Cheers

Glenda