Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Facebook Advertising good for PPC?

otherwhirl
Trust:

Facebook Advertising good for PPC?

Hey guys,

Newbie here. I just launched my first campaign on Facebook this morning. I came back in (after stepping away for 4-5 hours...) and see that i've earned a whopping $6 in my affiliate account! The problem is my daily budget is set to $25.

My maximum bid is set to 0.51 per click. I've had 147,063 impressions, 55 clicks, my CTR is 0.04, my average CPC is 0.45, my average CPM is 0.17 and it says I spent $25. SPENT $25 already?! Have I lost money?

If so, what could I have done to prevent this? I'm sure being away for 4-5 hours certainly DID NOT help.

The offer pays $1.20 per lead. What should my stats look like in order to make a good profit worth increasing my daily budget?

I've been looking at clips on various blogs and i've heard them mentioned running several campaigns for the same product as well as others for testing purposes. Simply put, cash is tight right now for me.

I think i'll try to drive traffic naturally until I get more dough.

Trying to stay positive here. Actually, win or learn i'm gonna stick with this!

You can view my actual report here: http://dummysite.weebly.com/

Also, Can anyone point me to any links where I might be able to get some facebook coupons/vouchers? (Google,Yahoo,MSN, ASK, etc..)

Thanks!
OW

P.S.
Hopefully I can get feedback ASAP
otherwhirl
Trust:
Also why does my report from NeverBlue show more clicks than the Facebook report? Does that mean I had traffic coming from other sites?
jonpastorizo
Trust:
OW,

You are setting your max CPC in FB so high at $0.51. Your payout on your CPA offer from Neverblue is only at $1.20. Unless you can have a conversion rate of 50% (or higher) which is unheard of - then you are never going to make money with this offer using your current set-up. Your CPC should at least be within $0.10. With this you should have at least a 10% conversion rate (which is achievable.) to make money with this offer that you have.

Your FB daily budget of $25 a day is simply to high to start testing. Start between $2-$5 per day budget and a low CPC to get a feel of the campaign.

If your ave CPC is at $0.45 you might as well promote a clickbank product. This way you dont need a very high conversion rate to make money.

Good luck!

Renato
superaff
Trust:
I agree with the above post.

Although I'm not big at PPC, I do know that 0.51 per click for a few dollar CPA offer isn't going to make it...

The only reason why you should pay this amount per click is that you are building a list and promoting offers in the backend (via your autoresponder).

Why not following the affilorama lesson?

Franck
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

rupamohan
Trust:
I have been posting some products on facebook, twitter etc.
Till now there was no conversion.
korkmaze
Trust:
i generally assume i will have a conversion rate of 0.5% (1:200) so if
a product i am promoting is $35 than my cpc is 35/200 = $0.175 max.
then i adjust it everyday
jzlau
Trust:
you may wanna look into just creating your own landing page and customizing your apps, its free and its great advertisment
lindsayy
Trust:
Hello,
Yes i heard about it but i don't know exactly that. i heard from many people that facebook advertising is good for ppc. i also wanna do that for my site.

thanks!!
Trust:
Many online business owners are eager to find new means to advance their companies and collaborate with their audience in adjustment to accretion feedback. With the conception of amusing networking web sites businesses were presented with an absolutely new way to accomplish cartage their web sites and actualize a absolute fizz online. Facebook Commercial is a abundant way to advance any product, account or message. With over 50 actor users apple advanced Facebook has a amusing networking belvedere that is absolute for targeted advertising.
directory submission

f5mtadas
Trust:
For my pesonal opinion

I prefer use Facebook for small niches.

It is not worth to buy PPC for big niches, because
the advertising specified mainly for interests, not
what they are looking for.

If they are looking somthing they goes to google,
but they will buy from you if you deliver them ads
what they really likes.

For example I like Bayern Munich Club (My favorite
football team from germany, I like to play chess, Listen John
Digweed) and if any ads would apear I would like to check it
because I like it.

Do you see the different what people looking for and what people
likes?

Tadas
17 Years Of Daily Payouts Worldwide!
Others Do Not Even Come Close!
Can $5 Earn UNLIMITED income for LIFE?
http://www.f5m-millionaires-club.com/freereport3/?id=f5mtadas

easyrider
Trust:
Has anyone on this forum had any recent success using Facebook ads to promote their affiliate products?
Greg

lizatailor23
Trust:
It would be your best bet to voice your questions with Facebook. As far as how effective Facebook advertising is, I'll share this story I heard.
PremiumMember
duraid
Trust:
Hi Easyrider,

I am in the process of using Facebook for my advertising. Should be up and running within a few days, I can keep you posted on how it turns out.

I hear its great for relationship type products, so we will see.

Duraid
PremiumMember
duraid
Trust:
Initially, it seems that the clicks are a lot more expensive that if you were to use MSN or GOOGLE Adwords,,

Also, it is difficult to narrow down searches so you target exactly the people you want. Because you have to chose people by interest. So for my two products, I have men that become jealous in their relationships, and I have to think what kind of interests those men might have.

Still early days, so we will see..
easyrider
Trust:
Thanks for the info! Let us know how it goes over time.
Greg

lesleydexter.dexter
Trust:
seems good for me, but then i am trying to raise the profile and just get people on to the site.

think it a case for me of trying different things

Link removed by moderator
exit
Trust:
I am sitting here in tears!! I ran an ad on facebook for blockbuster from affiliate.com and this is my first time. First time I ran the 50% off offer & after $50 and no conversions I clicked on the ad and it took me to a page that warned not to proceed because it was a "malicious link"!!!! They took my $50 for that!!! I figured it was because of the "affiliate style link" so I bought a domain and forwarded it to the offer. It seems to work without getting flagged by facebook but now I am running the FRee trail and everytime I check the link at first, it goes to the free trial offer but after a few hours it starts going to the 50% off offer!! What the crap!! I dont understand why that is happening and why I have had 150 clicks with no sales!! I am so frustrated and confused! Can someone tell me if they have had this problem and what to do to fix it?
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi exit,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. This is the first time I've heard of that happening to someone. Have you contacted Facebook support regarding the link? I am also confused by this:

I am running the FRee trail and everytime I check the link at first, it goes to the free trial offer but after a few hours it starts going to the 50% off offer

Do you mean that you click the link now and it goes to the free trial, and then you click the same link after a few hours and it goes to the 50% off offer? If so, have you checked to make sure you do not have a duplicate ad running?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

mbeelow
Trust:
For everybody running Facebook ad, there's a cool tip I've heard of recently. People are more likely to get interested by your ads when you use more true-to-life pictures (opposed to stock photos).

The guys who have conducted the experiment claim this happens because people spend time on Facebook to get connected with their friends, look through the pics, etc. The moment they see a stock photo in the sidebar, they get a bit irritated by advertisements and ignore your super catchy text line (you lose clicks, conversions, etc.).

I haven't tried it myself (my Facebook ads experience is quite poor), but I believe that choosing real pictures over stock-looking ones might help! Has anyone experimented with that?
easyrider
Trust:
You need to split test your Facebook ads with different images and text etc to see which one performs the best. You can't just take a stab in the dark with one ad that you think might work.
Greg

burkhardt5
Trust:
Hey all!
I just came across another PPC service at http://eleavers.com . I'm still looking into it, but it looks like it is a blog type network that you can place PPC adds on to get targeted traffic from.

It may be a good alternative to other PPC as it seems to be quite cheap.

Has anyone tried it?
I'll keep on it and let you know what I find.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Paul,

I checked eleavers.com and they seem to offer a good deal. I'm unable to find a good review of them though. You will need to start a new thread for it but do let us know how it goes.

Have a great weekend!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

webmasters
Trust:
Once again -I think that in order to be good at Facebook you really have to know what you are doing - just posting on things will not do the magic.
$100 PPS / 50% Commission / 20% Referrals
Oranum, Psychics on Webcam,

http://tinyurl.com/7wwnoyj

This topic was started on Apr 06, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.