Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Do I really need a Landing Page for Affiliate Programs?

creat3cp
Trust:

Do I really need a Landing Page for Affiliate Programs?

Hi everyone,

Do you think I can make some commission from affiliates program without creating a landing page?

Anyone have any luck or idea on how to go about doing this?

Mark mentioned we no need to have a website...so does it mean just pointing to the merchant will give a higher conversion rate?

Thank you.
cyonics
Trust:
When I first started out I just promoted my affiliate url and the user went straight to the vendor site. While this is very easy and you can get started in minutes with this method, in the end your wasting money.

Every person who clicks your ad is a potential sale, it might not be today, it might not be tomorrow, it might not be a month from now. If you are not building a opt-in list your not using your ad budget to its full potential and your missing out on sales. Get the most value out of your ad dollars!

Many people do not buy something the first time they see it, if your not building an opt-in, then you just lost all of those customers with nothing to show for it but a Google Bill.

Just my 2 cents, so take it for what it's worth!
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hmmmmmm.... if you want to get commissions faster without doing less work sure it's possible....... but with all of googles new rulez and a long term businsses strategy I think you know which answer is the best. :lol:
guitarjoe63
Trust:
Hi All,

I know that it's necessary to have a landing page, but the copy concerns me. I was just looking at the squeeze page on the "speak spanish" site and that copy was NOT written by any newbie.

Reviewing products isn't rocket science. It's just a matter of reading/using the product and giving an honest review. However, writing an effective squeeze page is a bit more challenging.

I know that several successful marketers will spilt test those landing pages and constantly be trying to "beat their control". I'm familiar with this process from reading Perry Marshall's Definitive Guide To Google Adwords.

I know that a good copywriter can cost thousands of dollars.

Does anyone have any good ideas or resources for newbies?

Even a guide of how to properly structure a good sales letter would be great. I hate the thought of reading ANOTHER 300-500 page book, but if I have to, I have to.

Any ideas?

Oh, hi everyone. This is my first post.

Joe
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
A great book on sales copy writing is Willie Crawford's Power copywriting for the internet - www.williecrawford.com

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

guitarjoe63
Trust:
Thanks Mark.

That took a bit to find, but it looks to be exactly what I need.

Joe
PremiumMember
tyler
Trust:
Personally, i say just jump in and do a landing page...just start with very multi-word targeted keywords...that way, it will be cheap words....

You'll start learning if people like your pages....

Just jump in and start doing the best you can.....that's how we all start.