Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

CPC for my keyword?

PremiumMember
haimingj
Trust:

CPC for my keyword?

Hi Everybody,

I have open an google account and created AD for a trial. How do I know what is the cost for per click for my keyword?

thanks a lot!

Haiming
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You should've set the max CPC when you started the campaign. To see what you're actually paying, just login to your account and view your campaign.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
haimingj
Trust:
Hi Sean,

Is it possible to see the cost of PPC before campainge? Someone said "google adwords biting", what does that mean? How do I setup my ad in google in the different rank? for example, I don't want to go the first ad, and want to be appear in the second ad. How can I do that?

Thanks a lot!
Haiming
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Haiming,

You can't see exactly what you will be paying, because that is also dependent on your CTR, as well as overall quality score.

I have no idea what adwords biting is, I've never heard it said before.

It's been a while since I did a serious adwords campaign, but I remember some settings that allow you to choose where you come up. Have a decent look at all your settings and I'm sure you'll find it.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

elmo033057
Trust:
Dear Affilobuds,

Be careful with Adwords. I bought a real good book on Adwords and STILL lost alot of money. I would hold off on using adwords anyway, until I really got my site up and running. There's too much to do initially with your site if you follow Mark Ling's roadmap, than to hassle with adwords at this point.

Well, God Bless & Flame-On!!!

ELMO :mrgreen:
Mark Ellis a.k.a. "ELMO" Owner Ellistrations http://www.ellistrations.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
elmo033057 wrote:Dear Affilobuds,

Be careful with Adwords. I bought a real good book on Adwords and STILL lost alot of money. I would hold off on using adwords anyway, until I really got my site up and running. There's too much to do initially with your site if you follow Mark Ling's roadmap, than to hassle with adwords at this point.

Well, God Bless & Flame-On!!!

ELMO :mrgreen:

Hi Elmo,

You can take a different path to IM by using Adwords as the backbone of your plan. I think this is what HJ is referring to rather than the roadmap. HJ correct me if I am wrong.
PremiumMember
haimingj
Trust:
Thank you, Sean, Elmo and Adrian! I am just curious on the Adwords campaign and want to get some traffic for a testing. Some one told me that it is best way for testing the Title and conversion rate etc. Is there any easy way to do title testing other than PPC? Thanks again!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Title testing? I don't quite know what you mean.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Title testing? I don't quite know what you mean.

I think he is referring to split testing.