Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Conversion Tracking in Adwords

natbetts
Trust:

Conversion Tracking in Adwords

Hi there,

Am I correct to assume that if you are direct linking you cannot track conversions because you can't insert the tracking code anywhere because you don't have a website?

Also, if you do have a website, where exactly do you put the code?

Thanks,

N.
soltech1
Trust:
Hi,

Depends what you are direct linking to. Many affiliates have some form of tracking ID system like Amazon
mattscott
Trust:
If you are using DL to clickbank then I would buy a domain similar to the product set up forwarding and masking to your hoplink and then your keywords within adwords (not your ads) would point to www.yourdomain.com/?tid=00001b

00001b=keyword1 broadmatch
00001e=keyword1 exact match
00001p=keyword 1 phrase match etc etc

Matt
rickbee
Trust:
I understand direct linking to the clickbank sales page and how Matt's "system" works for tracking conversions in that case. But how do you track conversion if your PPC ads direct customers to your own landing page and then from there they click on another link to go to the CB sales page. How does that conversion tracking occur?

This topic was started on Nov 14, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.