Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Clickbank Tracking versus Google Tracking Code

reneeolson
Trust:

Clickbank Tracking versus Google Tracking Code

Hello,

I have added my Google conversion tracking code to my Clickbank account, and it shows way more conversions than Clickbank's analytic's shows........35 (Google) vs. 3 (Clickbank). When I have inquired to Clickbank about this via email, they say they cannot help with Google's tracking, but they did say that sometimes within their reports the "Order Form Submit" count will be different than the "Initial Sales Count" due to either the person's method of payment not being accepted, or they did not fill in all the fields appropriately. I have a hard time believing that these issues would be the case for 33 customers.

Does anyone else have the same issue or know what the problem is here?

Thanks,
Renee
Last edited by michellerana on 20 Nov 09 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improved title

reneeolson
Trust:
Wait, I was wrong......I get mixed up sometimes looking at the Conv(many per click).....it is way high I guess because of the "Order Impression Form getting multiple counts in Google.

However, Google actually only shows 3 conversions for the "CB Completed Order", while Clickbank shows 6 conversions. It would be nice to be able to account for these missing conversions in Google too for optimization purposes.

Does anyone have this issue?

Thanks,
Renee
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Renee,
This post may help...
http://www.affiliaterocketonline.com/re ... nversions/
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

reneeolson
Trust:
Thanks for the great article. That is sort of annoying on Google's part.....oh well.

Renee
har444har
Trust:
Hi Wollowra,
I tried to view the http://www.affiliaterocketonline.com/re ... nversions/ recommended by you to enlarge my knowledge but it is not available, can you suggest some its alternate.

With regards,
har.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Har,
Not sure why but they have taken down the site.
I did a search on waybackmachine.com for that post and come up with this...
http://web.archive.org/web/201001230620 ... nversions/

I will post it below....
Regards
Troy.

The following is an article from affiliaterocketonline.com which seems to be taken offline.

"PPC Tracking On Clickbank – Reported Conversions Not Matching Actual Conversions
I have been promoting some of the Rocket Language products on Clickbank via PPC on Google. When I started, the Rocket languages team were kind enough to add my google tracking code to their thankyou page. Once my campaign was running with several hundred keywords I started to make sales. For some reason a significant percentage of these sales were not showing up in my Google account. As I’m sure many of you know this can be a real annoyance because I can’t identify which keywords are converting to sales.

To get around this problem I started building several different landing pages and each page would use different Clickbank Sub Id – This way I could reliably track the source of the transactions. I was also promoting on Yahoo and MSN so had to build further landing pages. This was a lot of extra work but wasn’t necessarily a bad thing because it allowed me to tailor my landing pages to the keyword themes with the aim of also improving conversions.

I recently received an email from my affiliate manager at Rocket Languages stating that she had recently received several emails from other affiliates with this problem. She pointed out:

“The reason the tracking is inaccurate is because Adwords and ClickBank do not work together. As far as Google Adwords is concerned, if someone clicks on your ad, then clicks on another affiliates ad, before purchasing, then the last affiliate link that got clicked gets credited with the sale. Yet, your tracking code is still on the thank you page, so Google will track it as though a sale is made. ”

This can mean that you could be credited for a sale when you don’t make one and vice versa not be credited for a sale when you do make one.

Solutions to the problem:

* Set up a multiple landing page solution with different network sub ids as I did
* Join other networks that place your tracking code directly in their transaction system. Many CPA networks operate like this and will yield more accurate stats as your affiliate id can be matched against the actual transaction.

-- Robert Brault

har444har
Trust:
Hi Troy,

Great thanks for mailing the article. I realize it takes time and energy to find and mail the things. So you have contributed a lot to me and other members to see this mailed material which is really very educative for practical purposes.

With thick thanks,
har.
wollowra
Trust:
You're welcome.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Nov 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.