Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Click bartering and high paying search terms?

benz1
Trust:

Click bartering and high paying search terms?

Have only recently joined Affilorama and am wading my way through the mountain of resources. You've done a great job Mark, some fantastic tips and tricks there and I'm learning heaps!

Have just watched video lesson 27, How to Make Big Bucks from Adsense. Can I please ask your opinion on the relative merits of creating a pure Adsense, click bartering site, along the lines of 8bestsites.com, versus an Adsense article site? As you say in the video, the click bartering sites must be making big bucks and are much easier to create than article sites. Do you think article sites produce a better return?

Was also intrigued by the sites that show high paying search terms which on the surface are a fantastic resource for choosing the best subjects for Adsense sites. However came across an article that claim they are a hoax so did a bit of digging. The current highest paying search term on cwire.org is 'austin dwi' at $82.92 but the Overture View Bids tool puts it at $16 (which is still pretty good). However Overture puts the second term on the list, 'school loan consolidation' at just $3.61 as opposed to the claimed $78.01. Even the Google Adwords Keyword Tool that cwire claim to use to get the values from places it in position 1-3 for $11.04.

I guess sites like cwire.org give an indication of high paying search terms but perhaps they have an ulterior motive for over-inflating the PPC amounts?

Would be interested in any thoughts...

Thanks,
Ben
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Ben, welcome!

Let me give my personal thought on this one. I keep all my answers short and to the point :)

A click bartering site is mainly used to just get a higher return on investment than your pay per click price. Also, since there is no substantial content on the barter sites, they would probably never rank well for a search term.

Adsense sites however have content, and content will lead to search engine rankings in the long run. (If you SEO correctly) This allows you to gain adsense and sell a product.... instead of just earning more on a click then what you paid out.

As for the inflated prices listed as the most paid out for a click, no one can accurately judge these measurements across all there major engines. It is based on actual fact and some personal input. Take these with a grain of salt, but for the most part they are in the generally in the right ball park.

Adrian,
benz1
Trust:
Thanks Adrian, that makes sense.

Ben
alvin
Trust:
This reminds me a little on the whole 'click flipping' thing which is similar but uses Pay-Per-Lead instead. What does everyone think of it, does it work for you?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I think while sites like 8bestsites may have made a ton of cash in the short term, in the long term, article sites can continually bring in a stream of cash.

Click bartering sites would've been hit pretty hard by the last changes in adwords right? I can't remember seeing 8bestsites as much as I used to.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

alvin
Trust:
I think they're hit since Adwords advertisers can now split their search and content bid prices.

I also read somewhere recently that sites like 8bestsites have been clamped down by Google. Can't remember where though...
superaff
Trust:
I though that those 8 best sites was not allowed by Google because they don't have any content.

Isn't it the case?
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeah I think that was one of the reasons google did that adwords shake up not so long ago.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world