Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

All Subscribers From One Country

nasturtia
Trust:

All Subscribers From One Country

I have my campaign running on Adwords. There are two ads in it and they are pointing to a squeeze page. Subscribers lists was growing alright but I noticed that almost all subscribers (except maybe 2) on it were from South Africa. I removed South Africa from the country list in Adwords and the subscribers list stopped growing.

Any ideas what the reason could be? The remaining countries are Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. I'm in Ireland and I can see my ads in Google.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
Maybe your ad appeals to South Africans?
Are you sure you are targeting the other countries?

Not sure on this one.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nasturtia
Trust:
Yes, the other countries are on the list, checked that many times :) Also, my ads are definitely showing in Ireland. I have 1 subscriber from Canada, all the rest are from South Africa.
hysteresis
Trust:
What type of product is your ad targeting? Maybe its just something that South Africans are searching for. I'm orginally from South Africa so might be able to help you figure this out of you say what your advert is about.
nasturtia
Trust:
It's body detox. Should be salable everywhere :)
marklincoln
Trust:
Hmm ... could it be that someone in South Africa has a link to that page and is promoting it themselves to their own South African network? Or maybe it's especially topical news in South Africa at the moment? There could be a new major celebrity promoting body detox on South African TV??

Ok, Mark. Stop clutching at straws and admit when you don't know! ;)
wollowra
Trust:
Mark are you talking to yourself?
That's a sign of insanity you know...lol
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nasturtia
Trust:
Mark just had a brainstorming session with the smartest one :) That always digs out some ideas worth further analysis.

I think I'll just test a different add and see what happens.

This topic was started on Nov 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.