Joined: 06 Mar 12
27 Sep 13 12:36 pm
Basically, Google Keyword Planner has the same features as Google AdWords Keyword tool. There are some differences, though. Google Keyword Planner is missing on some features Google AdWords Tool used to offer. These are:
- data breakdown by device. Now you see traffic stats for desktop and mobile devices all together. There's no any division between these types of data any more.
- setting the match type for search volumes is also no longer available Now, you get # of searches stats for the exact keyword match only.
But the tool also offers some new useful features, such as:
- new traffic-related metrics (taken from Traffic Estimator);
- the ability to separate ad groups from keywords in a plan;
- the ability to specify a country, a city or a region to get keyword ideas for.
As for the other functionality, basically it remained the same.