Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Traffic Travis Reliability

bartko09
Trust:

Traffic Travis Reliability

Hi!

A humble question regarding Traffic Travis. I've seen some irregularities using Traffic Travis and wanted to pick the brains of the folks that have used it long term.

The first issue that I realized was with the keyword research tool. I've recently decided to start marketing a particular niche. When doing a search on a keyword, the keyword tool returned the keyword that I searched for but also returned 100 other keywords that had nothing to do with my niche. When doing a similar search on the same keyword using Googles keyword tool, Google returned about 50 good keyword suggestions which I started focusing on.

The other possible issue that I noticed was when using the SEO Analysis feature. Searching on each keyword to find the Difficulty Rating. Of the 30 keywords that I was targeting the majority of them came back with a Rating of 4 stars. Some of the 4 star ratings were for keywords that google clamed had over 35,000 searches per month. Of the low rated keywords (2 or 3 stars) google was showing that there were under 1000 searches for each per month.

Now I'm completely willing to accept that maybe I found a niche that is profitable and not very well marketed but my question is whether or not I need the professional version of Traffic Travis in order to get the most accurate information. If thats the case, than I'm completely open to purchasing that version of the software. I'd simply like to know what I'm up against. ;)

Hope no one takes this as a knock on your software or service. Both of which I hold in very high regards.

Thanks!!
Myron
Site Admin
simonslade
Trust:
Hi Myron

Can you please PM me your search phrases so I can do some testing thanks :)
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

guitarjoe
Trust:
I have similar questions as well. I'm familiar with basic seo and I'm getting a lot of 4 star results where several of the top 10 sites listed are authority sites (Wikipedia, etc).

Is Traffic Travis programmed to recognize these types of sites in its results?
jjgreer
Trust:
I was just wondering if the free version of Traffic Travis 'does not' have the star ranking on the SEO Analysis tool. That is what I was hoping to see after putting key phrases in, obviously. I have the free version and no star rating after analysis. Thanks in advance. Jess
jjgreer
Trust:
Sorry, strike that last post. I've no idea why but, now all of a sudden, I have the star ranking after analysis. Just a fluke I suppose. Love the tool. Thanks so much. Jess

This topic was started on Dec 04, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.