Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Traffic Travis backlinks not working?

john4hww
Trust:

Traffic Travis backlinks not working?

Hi guys,

Do you have the same problem than me with Traffic Travis free edition?

Since 3-4 days, NO backlinks are showing either for pages or site in SEO analysis tool...

Plus, as a results, Traffic Travis gives false "easy" results...

It seems to that Traffic Travis is unable to access Yahoo Backlinks checks. Because when I do it independantly with Yahoo Explorer, it finds the backlinks.

But for some reason the software doesn't have access to that data anymore...

Will it come back soon ???

Thanks!

John
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi John,

Could you PM me or post here the URL for the website you are checking backlinks for in Traffic Travis 3 so I can run the same check?
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

john4hww
Trust:
Hello again,

As I said in a PM that I sent you yesterday,

It's the SEO Analysis tool that doesn't show ANY backlink at all... even when I test for highly competitive keywords with loads of backlinks.

So it gives the first 20 web pages for that keyword, but NO backlinks to page and NO backlinks to site.

Traffic Travis is virtually useless for keyword research if it doesn't show any backlinks...

Just do an SEO analysis with traffic travis 3 and tell me if it does the same to you.

Thanks

John
easyrider
Trust:
These sorts of issues have been a never-ending source of trouble for me. Traffic Travis seems to have a lot of inconsistencies and I find it very hard to trust. It can be useful though in providing very rough ball park figures. However, I would not consider upgrading to the paid version unless the majority of the problems got sorted.
Greg

john4hww
Trust:
@easyrider:

"I would not consider upgrading to the paid version unless the majority of the problems got sorted"

I completely agree...

Personally, I only use the SEO Analysis tool (top 20 ranks for a specific keyword)... to check for backlinks, PR, and other stuff in the top 20 results of a specific keyword...

Since SEO Analysis can stop working for days, often weeks, then come back again... It's impossible for me to make the jump to the paid version unless the free version shows more consistency with SEO Analysis.

If they are unable to access consistently Yahoo Backlinks data for pages + domains in the free version, why would they be able to do so in the paid version... it's exactly the same kind of software that gathers this data.

Anyway, we'll see!

Nonetheless... Thanks to the team member for their help.

John
john4hww
Trust:
@easyrider... or @everyone...

Do you have any suggestion for a Traffic Travis alternative for the SEO Analysis function. Again, the function where you put a keyword and Traffic Travis returns the top 20 pages for that specific keyword, then gives you the backlinks to pages, backlinks to websites, PR, age, Headings, title, etc....

To figure out how difficult this specific keyword to rank for...

So, any suggestion for an alternative to Traffic Travis to do that while they are figuring out why it doesn't shows any backlinks for days and days...

Will come back to Traffic Travis when this is fixed... meanwhile I still have to earn a living!!! LOL! So I would love to find an alternative..

Thanks a lot.
happyaff
Trust:
Hey John4 - you are absolutely right. For the past 4 days (at least) there are zero backlinks for the columns "BL" "BLS" and "TBL". A keyword that was ranked as #2-difficult just 5 days ago, is now appearing as #4-easy, probably due to the fact that the backlinks are no longer showing. I really need to do proper Keyword research, so I am just going with Market Samurai. They have a free trial at least, so I should be able to get some correct research done in 30 days. Then, I can buy it after that. Apparently it's an awesome tool - excellent comments on it, so give that a try.
john4hww
Trust:
Hi HappyAff,

Cute avatar! ... (I got to get rid of my stupid default avatar in this forum... LOL!)

Yeah, I just made the switch to Market Samurai too...

I have read that it tends to be more stable as they use a huge list of built-in proxies from which they launch the queries for backlinks etc..

So instead of launching from YOUR ip address, they use a list of proxie IP... so we have much less risk of getting "banned" temporarily by Yahoo Site Explorer which provides backlinks.

It's sad though. I kinda liked Traffic Travis interface... cleaner than Market Samurai.

But I will go with stability and results over interface!

So, thanks for the suggestion.
vtec9k
Trust:
Yea TT has totally stopped working for the banklinks analysis. Since Yahoo site explorer is getting decomissiosned soon you guys should really setup a deal with majestic seo to get their info.
john4hww
Trust:
You're right! And they keep telling me that it's working on their side! LOL!

You're right about Yahoo backlinks... the data won't be available... so they should find another provider for backlinks data...

I'm just glad I haven't paid for Traffic Travis 4 and was still using free version...
happyaff
Trust:
Hey John4,

I am sure TT will be up and running again, but in the meantime I need to do some Keyword research asap, so will pick up MSamurai and then use both versions in future to confirm my keywords.

If I am not mistaken, I believe Mark uses MS himself in addition to TT.

:) good luck
Last edited by happyaff on 08 Jan 13 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

john4hww
Trust:
Maybe you're right HappyAff,

But as vtec9k pointed out... Yahoo backlinks will be discontinued very soon... expected in the next months.

So Traffic Travis will have to change the way they get their backlink data.

I am working with Market Samurai as well. Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

Good luck to you! :-)
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
We're sorry for the inconvenience. We have released updates that should fix the backlinks and Yahoo directory issues.

Traffic Travis 3 users can update to the latest Traffic Travis v3 release (version 3.3.16 (3447)) by opening the software and following the set up wizard prompts.

For Traffic Travis 4 customers, please update to the latest Traffic Travis v4 release by clicking on the yellow banner that prompts you to 'install the latest version'. You will see this on the lower left side of the program screen. The latest version is version 4.0.0.3411.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

easyrider
Trust:
This latest update has totally screwed up the SEO Analysis feature for me - it says my site has 2 backlinks when I have around 80 (and the page backlinks all say "0"). TT was working fine for me from this perspective before this latest update. Is there any way that I can go back and get the previous version?
Greg

onfia108
Trust:
All page backlinks are not working for me either. They display as 0 in the SEO Analysis tool. This is a problem not everybody has but, I unfortunatly have it, I'm not sure why. Could you guys please look into this, as I need a fix as soon as possible.
easyrider
Trust:
You can get similar information by using the SEO Quake plugin for Firefox. That's what I have started using.
Greg

onfia108
Trust:
I actually tried SEO Quake, but after 1 search yahoo bl display just gives me errors because their system detects me as a bot I guess.
cecille.l
Trust:
@onfia108 - Have you downloaded the latest version of Traffic Travis? If not, please do and run another backlink check. This issue has been resolved in the latest update.

Please let us know if you are still having the same issue.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Jul 21, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.