Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

traffic travis and back links

mark schaaf
Trust:

traffic travis and back links

I think traffic travis is a great product and use it often however I don't understand what is going on with it. When using the search engine tool I will click on the get back links for this site which of course is my site. While checking how many back links I have I always look at the column that says follow which i thought meant if it has a check mark it meant the link was a follow link and if it has an X it means it is a no follow link. Here is where I don't understand things. I have checked all the links for the sites that say it is a no follow. Some of the sites i fill out a profile and whatever in order to comment on anything and others I just put in my name e-mail address and put in my url. Well almost every one of the sites that traffic travis says is a no follow I can go to and if it is just a comment site and go to comments when I put my mouse pointer over my name and click it takes me to my web page. On the sites where I have to make a profile page to comment if i go to the profile page and see my url there if i click on it it takes me to my web page. I thought a no follow link meant if someone goes to that site and finds my link it won't have a hyperlink attached to it that the person would have to highlight the url and put it into a browser to go there but most of the sites that traffic travis says is a no follow I can click on the link and it takes me to my site so my question is what does a no follow link mean to traffic travis because so many of what they say is a no follow link is really a follow link.
Mark

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hey Mark, No follow has nothing to do with the viewer on the site. it is a tag that is for the search bots only.

Basically, a link to another site is how the search engines determine the relevance of that site for search rankings. The no follow tag is meant to tell search that you are linking to something, but don't want to pass page rank to that page. It has nothing to do with what a reader on the site will see.

Really, so many people abuse it that it is largely ignored. I have pages that rank highly with all no follow links to the site.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
sethczerepak
Trust:
I agree, I have a lot of high ranking pages as well and I never worry about no follow. There are people who believe that the no follow tag makes no difference when it comes to link credit...based on the results I'm getting now, it sees to be that they're right
cecille.l
Trust:
You can read more about how Google handles nofollow links here.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

ashley.weyers
Trust:
I think you just need to spend some time on it. Go through the video tutorials and watch some of the webinars with it being used. It took me a while, but once it clicked it was great.

This topic was started on Apr 11, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.