Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Starting with a Blog???

russ3377
Trust:

Starting with a Blog???

Hi Everyone,
I'm very new to all this, but also desperate, so I'm very motivated. I have little to no money to invest right now, so I'm starting slow. The only thing I knew to do was start a couple blogs on topics I know a little bit about. I'm still to new to understand or feel confident in doing the whole website squeeze page and then autoresponder stuff. I also can't figure out what product to do any of that with.
So I started a blog where I can post some content everyday and also post links to products I got through clickbank. I'm also doing google adsense on the blogs. I'm sure this is a much slower way to get started, but my question is, Do you think I can actually make money this way? The biggest problem seems to be getting people to the blog. Not sure how to overcome that yet. All I know to do is keep posting content with good keywords and hope that somehow I will get listed in a search someone does.
Anyway, my main question is, do you think I can make money this way, or am I wasting my time and energy? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Russ
jcdean
Trust:
Go to guru views under Lessons tab.

Listen to the Alex Goad interview.

He is very succesfull and little micro blogs is exactly how he got started.

The interview will motivate you, and give you some ideas on what to blog about.
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
watch the training videos. there are sevral things here that I would recommend.
one you need to choose a niche. just puting up a blog on anything wont do much good. you need to choose a niche and write to help that specific group of people.

Also, you will need to do more than just make posts and hope someone finds you. you will need to write articles to submit to directories, join social communities, and do some blog commenting to build backlinks to your site.

you have a lot to learn, and before doing anything, i recommend going through all the training videos.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

russ3377
Trust:
I do have a niche, and I'm writing content specific to that niche. Sorry I wasn't more clear about that. I'm not just putting up a blog and talking about my day. I have a very specific focus and I've tied it together with some products I found on clickbank. I'm using keywords that test out well.

My concern was that this seems to be a little different than what is talked about most on here, so I didn't know if I was wasting my time doing things this way or not. It seems like most people use a blog to support their website. I'm just doing the blog right now as I try to learn about the website part of it all.

So I was just wondering what people thought about starting out this way, or if people thought I should forget the blog and just learn the website stuff.
jcdean
Trust:
Russ

You are on the right track. Blog away. A blog is a website.

I have found that if your articles on your blog target keywords with low compition, you can get on the top ten very few links. I have little micro niche sites on the front page of Google with no back links.

You can put a squeeze page on a blog later when you start seeing traffic and have time to load up an auto responder. You can put an opt-in box on the side bar of a blog aswell, when you are ready to start list building.
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Russ,

The one question I have for you is are you running the blog on your own website domain that you own or are you using a free hosted domain, such as WordPress.com?

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

sonitin
Trust:
russ for traffic, you will have to create backlinks. To do so you should write articles for distribution, do guest posts on other people's blogs, write articles on sites squidoo, buzzle etc.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
blogging is a very good way to build a website.

My IMRelations blog is my main hub for all my IM related stuff. Blogging though is not so much about promoting a product as it is about building a community. When you build that community of people following your blog, then you recommend a product to them, it converts like crazy. I have 2 blogs and starting up a 3rd. I only promote a sale 1/10 posts. Now, I will promote a freebie more often than that, either other blog posts, opt ins that I find helpfull, etc. but to actually buy something I would only recommend doing it occasionally. Have a few ads in the sidebar, and focus your content on engaging people, and drawing them into a conversation through your comments.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

sonitin
Trust:
I have been talking to James and his advice is spot on... listen to this man!
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

This topic was started on Jul 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.