Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Should I be worried about competition?

PremiumMember
idanc4
Trust:

Should I be worried about competition?

hi everyone,

following affiloblueprint im doing keyword research
and at the part when i should choose the best keyword from the google keyword tool -
for that general keyword.
sometimes i have 2 or 3 good keywords some with high competition some with none
all with over 1500 daily searches.

which keyword phrase should i choose?

thanks,
idan.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Idan,
If they have over 1500 then choose the 2 or 3 keywords and do seperate articles on all of them.
Unless they are all extremely similar and you feel that it would look a bit silly to the visitor. If it does... you can always use the other keywords but have a page 2 ( cont'd ) page linking to the first page.
Competition is good as it means there is most likely money to be made in that market.
You can try the keywords with less competition to test and add more content to your site.
Not every article needs to be a big drawcard.
You will find 2 or 3 pages on your site will bring 60% or more of the traffic.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Competition is worth considering but you dont want to be overly concerned about it - otherwise you can be struck with analysis paralysis (something covered in Week 1 (lesson 5 bonus video).

You can use the Market Strength tool to check the 'easyness' of a particular keyword.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
idanc4
Trust:
thank mark,

i appreciate all the help

This topic was started on Aug 15, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.