18 May 09 9:02 am
Well this is THE question that people in affiliate marketing ask all the time. That and how to build a site.
You will get a different answer from alot of people because what works for one person will or may not work for another, due to experiences,methods,confidence etc etc..
If I may offer my opinion...
1. Always look at a niche that you are interested in for your first site.
(otherwise it may be like watching paint dry)
2. Choose a high selling niche or a low one.. there are various different thoughts on this process and for and against.
( Make your own mind up on that one)
3. get that site making a profit, even $30 a week.
4. Rinse & repeat for another site, while still building profits on the first.
5. Once making a nice little profit, Outsource to freelancers or staff.
6. Rinse and repeat and start experimenting with a new niche outside your area of likes or expertise.
This post may offer a good perspective.http://www.skelliewag.org/how-to-pick-a ... way-50.htm
I must say, Mark Ling has helped me with getting off my butt and doing stuff instead of just thinking about doing stuff.
I consider myself to be quite knowledgeable on affiliate marketing because I have read XXXX ebooks, courses etc...
But that's what I was doing, looking for that next big shiny object that was going to be THE one to get me to where I wanted to go.
I didn't want to start because what if I wasted my time on doing something and it didn't work and I lost more money.
Well, I think I would have made more than I lost if I just started and learned from what works and what doesn't work for ME.
"A journey of a hundred miles start with one footstep at a time."
That's my little rant for the night..lol
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.
-- Robert Brault