Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Newbie Advice Plz

adam.riyadh-work
Trust:

Newbie Advice Plz

Hi Guys,

I was hoping you might be able to give me some advice in order to capitalise on my strengths. I actually work for a Digital Agency as a PPC Executive and run a number of PPC Campaigns for a variety of clients large and small. I was hoping to utilise my strength in PPC to help make cash in Affiliate Marketing.

Whilst following the AffiloBlueprint, it looks like a lot of the keywords being targeted and articles spun ect are all chosen with SEO in mind. I will mainly focus on PPC and Social Media to drive traffic to my website. I won't do much SEO besides on page (potentially outsource the SEO to submitedge if I feel the return is worth it).

My question is: Should I follow the blueprint exactly as it is, or should I try and modify slightly - IE go for keywords that are more longtail (have less traffic and lower cpc).

Also creating a newsletter series seems like a bit of a delay / pain in the ass for me at present, once I am making cash I will be happy to outsouce this to Iwriter or get affilojetpack. If I am not using a newsletter / signup form at this point, It would be good to be able to redirect people from my website straight to the affiliate sales page. Is that possible / acceptable?

Many Thanks for any replies.

Regards,
toprecruit
Trust:
Hi Adam,

What Mark suggests in his videos is not that you shouldnt go for long tail keywords for the SEO articles. He says that you should look for buyer intention keywords, just you probably do it in your PPC campaigns in your agency but with a search volume of at least 200 exact match, so that it is worth to go for that keyword.

If you dont have the time to write your newsletter series and create an eBook/mini course, you obviously dont have another possibility to earn from your site anyway ;)

Of course, a lot of people only have banners and call to action links on their sites and generate sales directly from there.

However, a mini course/ebook and a newsletter series are in no way a waste of time. You probably have heard "the money is in the list" and it really is. The more people sign up to your newsletter series the better for you as you can earn from one subscriber more than once.

I think it is a great a idea to market your site with PPC especially because you already have experience but I would highly recommend that you get a good ebook or mini course (often product owners offer one for free to promote on your site to get people to sign up to your newsletter series) and create a good newsletter series as it can really boost your sales.

Regards
Sebastian
Liked my answer? Dont forget to vote thumbs up ;)

Site Admin
jonathan_l
Trust:
Hey Adam,

There's not really a single "right" answer about what to do here; as a rule, though, Mark generally recommends you don't run PPC campaigns from the get-go for your first (or even second) affiliate marketing site, until you have experience with optimizing for SEO first.

That said, you are already involved in PPC, so have some experience you should be able to apply to get profitable with PPC very quickly after launching your site. From a more general perspective, you're more than welcome to modify Blueprint however you see fit - if you know from experience that certain things work better for PPC, then apply that knowledge :)

With this in mind, you may actually find it useful to jump from Step 1 to step 10 of AffiloBlueprint, review those videos, then re-review Step 1 - so your blueprint path would look like:
Introduction -> Step 1 -> Step 10 -> Step 1 -> Step 2 -> etc...

Step 10 covers keyword research for PPC, with regards to affiliate marketing, so if you're planning to use PPC from day one it should be quite useful. You may not need to review Step 11 or 12, if you already have quite a bit of experience with PPC for client sites, since Step 11 and 12 (mostly) cover the technical aspects of using Google AdWords.

In terms of avoiding a newsletter - that is entirely okay, if you really don't think you have time to put one together, and you can definitely redirect from your website straight to the affiliate's (as long as you're not violating Google Content Guidelines). However, to maximize long term profitability, the newsletter list will provide you a far greater return on investment than PPC will, so be sure to keep this in mind.

Despite my rambling, I hope I've sufficiently answered your question :)
robi
Trust:
Adam,

I always recommend to affiliates in the programs that I manage to have a way to capture contact information and continue to communicate with your consumers. If you don't have time to create a newsletter series, then you can still set up a sign up form on your site and instead of giving away something, you can offer them the opportunity to stay informed with the latest coupons, specials, promotions, information on their products or issues. Then anytime you create new content or have information from a merchant that your audience would be interested in you can send off a quick, friendly message.
I am an outsourced affiliate program manager and digital marketing strategist.

Affiliate programs I manage:

ZENMED / Click Kingdom Affiliate Program Manager
www.clickkingdom.com/?a=9429

adam.riyadh-work
Trust:
Thanks for all the good advice so far. I definitely agree that the money is in the list. However, I am the type of person who tends to procrastinate and over analyse things given the chance.. and therefore wanted to setup my first site without the newsletter series as I can imagine it can take a long time to get all the high quality content sorted out and would probably set me back a couple of months as I agonised over the finer details.

I do plan on making an email / newsletter series in a couple of months when I can afford to purchase Affilojetpack and use it as the template for all my future email / newsletter series. Are there any discounts available anyplace? I know it will be valuable content but it's a little pricey when starting out.

Once again, thanks for the help and advice.
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
adam.riyadh-work wrote:Thanks for all the good advice so far. I definitely agree that the money is in the list. However, I am the type of person who tends to procrastinate and over analyse things given the chance.. and therefore wanted to setup my first site without the newsletter series as I can imagine it can take a long time to get all the high quality content sorted out and would probably set me back a couple of months as I agonised over the finer details.

I do plan on making an email / newsletter series in a couple of months when I can afford to purchase Affilojetpack and use it as the template for all my future email / newsletter series. Are there any discounts available anyplace? I know it will be valuable content but it's a little pricey when starting out.

Once again, thanks for the help and advice.

Hi Adam,

Your strategy is really good. Just one step at a time. :)

We all have our own pacing. What is important is that we are able to do and accomplish things, even if it takes us a bit longer to do these. :)

As for our AffiloJetpack, at the moment we do not offer a discount for that, I am sorry. :(

I hope you'd understand.

All the best!

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

This topic was started on Nov 05, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.