Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

I need more information about niches and choosing products

whtever
Trust:

I need more information about niches and choosing products

Hi,

I'm new to affiliate marketing. I understand that one needs a website to start affiliate marketing and everyone talks about niches. Could someone help me understand what it is? I'm just starting out, so should I first look for a product that I want to promote and then create a website for it? Or can one promote more than one product?
Last edited by michellerana on 21 Oct 09 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: changed title to describe the post better

steelers4lyf
Trust:
Hi!
It's up to you how many products you promote however, I recommend that you only sell products of a certain topic e.g if you are doing a website about dogs, only promote products about dogs because you are more likely to get sales from these products.
Hope this helps : )
jpastorizo
Trust:
You are already here in Affilorama. The best affiliate marketing forum that you can join fro free. There are a lot of things to learn so I recommend you start slow and dont just jump into the water without somehow being ready for it. Go to the "Lessons" tab and start reading the basics.

Regards,
Renato
Last edited by michellerana on 21 Oct 09 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Welcome to Affilorama :)

A niche is a category of people on which your product is targeted on. Your chosen niche will be the topic for your site and the products that you'd be promoting on that site should all belong to the same niche. The lessons on Market Research can help you identify a profitable niche. You could try to search the Clickbank Marketplace for products that you could promote on your website. Choose products with high gravity and good commission rates.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
There will sometimes be a conflict between choosing a niche you enjoy, or is a hobby of yours, and choosing a niche that has a strong demand and is making a lot of sales. What should you do?

Ideally its best if you can have both - for example browsing the ClickBank Marketplace you may find that there are candle making products which you enjoy doing but it doesnt have a high gravity, or your keyword research indicates that the niche is not that popular - you might be best (if you want to be a seller) to choose a product that is selling well over a product that you enjoy.

Of course you'll have to work a bit harder to learn and understand the product so you can sell it more effectively.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
jtravers88
Trust:
Can we acknowledge that finding a niche comes first? Before keyword research. Because it seems that most programs begin with keywords, particularly 'dog training'. And recommend 'keyword research in something you like or know'.

Huh? I want to 'know' that I'm starting out in a good niche. So with all these tools, can we acknowledge that the FIRST THING TO DO is go to Clickbank and pick a product based on gravity etc.. Maybe all subsequent steps take more time to understand / perform, such as keywords, sites, SEO etc... but they are all steps that you don't take until you are CERTAIN that your niche will be successful.

I would love to find someone who spends more than a paragraph discussing various affiliate marketplaces like Clickbank. And what current successful marketers are focusing on. I don't want to start out with what I like. I want to start out with something that sells. If its as simple as spending time on Clickbank, thats fine but does AB or any other lesson plan start with a walk thru for picking a niche.
slayer2kuk
Trust:
Hi,

I am after some information about about how to choose a product in Clickbank.

Mark gave away some tips in his presentation in LA (I think it was LA) on a recent video you had on the site. I think he stated the key rules for a profitable product on Clickbank. It was commission 60% plus (50% if recurring sales). I am unsure about the minimum gravity that he advised, was it 200? If someone could please advise I would be greatful. If you could also provide a some other things to consider then that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Slayer2kuk wrote:Hi,

I am after some information about about how to choose a product in Clickbank.

Mark gave away some tips in his presentation in LA (I think it was LA) on a recent video you had on the site. I think he stated the key rules for a profitable product on Clickbank. It was commission 60% plus (50% if recurring sales). I am unsure about the minimum gravity that he advised, was it 200? If someone could please advise I would be greatful. If you could also provide a some other things to consider then that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

A commission rate of 75% and having at least one product that has a gravity rating of 30 is recommended
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

mortalengine
Trust:
You can never tell which will work

For example chicken coops is an extremely profitable niche

I know a guy making a fortune out of an obscure American game cornhole or something like that

Google insights for search is a good tool for emerging searches and niches

Rod
PremiumMember
rowan
Trust:
I went to Clickbank after doing some research here on the forum and finding the answer for gravity. Another poster somewhere, sorry can't recall specific, said the formula was: Gravity 30, Commission 70%, $17.00 minimum sale. At Clickbank, I did the Advance Search where you can put in that formula and it brought me back results.
First time poster. Red
daiarian
Trust:
I am promoting high gravity, high commission and high minimum sale products and have been for 6 months. Sales to date in total Less than 1.

I have mainly used ezine articles and other directories and my articles have had reasonably good viewings and there is good market demand for the products.

I read that competition is good but it appears to be blowing me away at the moment. More and more I am coming round to thinking that unless I can discover my own untapped niche (everyone's holy grail) affiliate marketing is not going to happen for me.

The quest continues.

Regards

Russ
michael025
Trust:
Why don't you test the waters first. Learn the lessons in affilorama slowly but surely and then go from there. If I may suggest, try this lesson...https://www.affilorama.com/introduction/ ... -a-website. You can post on blogs, forums, etc. without an actual website and still do affiliate marketing. Try different niches you are interested in, and see what works for you.

Hope it helps!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
hey Russ, don't give up. Competition is a good thing, you just have to do it right. how many seo rankings do you have? although you can get a little traffic from directories, search traffic is still going to convert better ( usually). also, try using other social platforms like hubpages and squidoo. if you use them right, you can get a lot of good traffic from them, and they don't take much more work than posting on directories.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

daiarian
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:hey Russ, don't give up. Competition is a good thing, you just have to do it right. how many seo rankings do you have? although you can get a little traffic from directories, search traffic is still going to convert better ( usually). also, try using other social platforms like hubpages and squidoo. if you use them right, you can get a lot of good traffic from them, and they don't take much more work than posting on directories.

Thanks for this advice James

This topic was started on Oct 21, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.