Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

How Do I Analyze Competition Number In Keyword Results

rico33
Trust:

How Do I Analyze Competition Number In Keyword Results

Hi

I watched the videos and it did not explain what competition number is good for a viable keyword (Unless i missed it). For example - anything less than .50

Thanks
Rico
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Rico,

Keywords with competition of below 5.0 are keywords with easy competition. This means you can rank for these keywords better/easier than the keywords that have competition of more than .5

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

rico33
Trust:
That does help thank you.

You wrote 5.0, how high does the scale go?

I am new to this and a bit confused. i see for some keywords that both have a local monthly volume 1000 but one has a CPC $.15 and competition of .34 and the other's has a higher CPC of $2.16 with lower competition of .17

Wouldn't a higher CPC = a higher competition? or is this where sites indexed comes into play? if so, how does that apply?

Rico
rico33
Trust:
Is anyone going to answer my question?
Customer service is key if you expect me to purchase your products.

Rico
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hi Rico,

I think Cecille might mave misplaced a decimal point in her response, or else she's talking about a different tool.

CPC doesn't always correlate with competition. You can have high CPC for low competition keywords (There are some keywords Google doesn't "like", so they charge an arm and a leg for. This naturally means that not many advertisers want to bid on this term, making low competition.)

Here's a question from the Adwords forum (third response down is best): https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5 ... /td-p/8426

Also keep in mind that the CPC and competition figures come from AdWords -- people paying for traffic -- and not from SEO. (I'm assuming you're thinking of building a site for SEO.) You can use it to get a feel for whether other businesses find it a profitable keyword (higher competition, higher CPC would indicate to me that it's a valuable keyword. High CPC, low competition indicates to me that it is not), and you can get a vague idea of how competitive it might be for SEO, but you should take it with a grain of salt.

In one of my niches, there's some pretty high competition and high CPC on certain keywords, but there are also some big and unimaginative corporates likely throwing a whole lot of marketing budget at building their brand recognition. They don't care if it makes money in the short term. They don't put any effort into SEO for those keywords, and they don't rank in SEO for those keywords. The SEO competition is full of small-fry sites and affiliates.

So I know it's not what you want to hear, but I'm really hesitant to give you a hard and fast figure for what makes a "viable" keyword. You might end up throwing out good ones, or targeting bad ones.

If you desperately want a figure, and you can't decide on a keyword without it, go with 0.5. But I'd suggest that before you throw out a keyword based on this AdWords competition rating, go into Google and have a look at the kinds of sites that show up in the organic listings. If the sites in the organic listings look to be small-fry sites and affiliates, you can probably beat them eventually.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

rico33
Trust:
Hi Aletta

Thanks for the info. It's not that i am desperate, i am new to the internet marketing side of the web world. I am trying to figure out the formula for a lucrative niche and keywords.
I have been suffering from information overload and shiny object syndrome. So, i trying to get back on track and stay focused. I appreciate your response and would like some guidance to help me move forward. In return i can provide assistance to other members with questions regarding web design, wordpress, file management, remote hosting etc.

Thanks
Rick
stevex
Trust:
burkhardt5
Trust:
Hey stevex.
Just because other sites are ranking well for the same keyword as you are using does not mean that you can't use it yourself. If the keyword is considered high competition that just means that it will be harder for you to rank well for it since other people are working for the same goal. But by all means you should use several keywords in your link building strategy since Google does not see using just one phrase as looking natural.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul J. Burkhardt

ranjita
Trust:
I think Competition and CPC are not related because if any particular keyword have a high search and lower competition and bid then it means, according to me, the particular keyword is highly searched but have no competition yet in the market. So, it gets high CPC.

This topic was started on May 06, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.