Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Frustrated newbie doesn't have a clue what topic to use?

interweb49
Trust:

Frustrated newbie doesn't have a clue what topic to use?

I don't have the slightest idea of what to do for a website. I'm not passionate about anything, have no hobbies, and obviously no life, lol, so i'm frustrated big time to say the least! Maybe i should just wake up and smell the mouse, and give up on all of this online business stuff? If one of you could possibly point me in the right direction with an idea or two that would be greatly appreciated.......otherwise i think i'm going to have to retire my typing fingers for good. :cry:

Thanks, interweb49
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I find it hard to believe that you don't have passion for something.

Don't even start to talk about giving up already. It's this kind of talk that will make you quit.

You don't even have to do a site on something you're passionate about. It's harder if you have no cash to get things done for it, but it can be done.

Try and come up with something you enjoy, I'm sure theres something.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

interweb49
Trust:
Well Sean, the only thing i do a lot of, is sit at this my computer looking for ways to make money online. Of course the 'work from home' market is over-saturated so.........that's not the biz to try and crack. Other than that, i'm at a loss for ideas.

Thanks for the reply though, interweb49.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
interweb49 wrote:Well Sean, the only thing i do a lot of, is sit at this my computer looking for ways to make money online. Of course the 'work from home' market is over-saturated so.........that's not the biz to try and crack. Other than that, i'm at a loss for ideas.

Thanks for the reply though, interweb49.

If you are at a loss for ideas and you have only come up with one market, you have not looked. I have a list of 40-50 markets to do and I came up with them in a few days time. Look through clickbank, jot down ideas on paper, and start to brainstorm a market that has good search / easy enough competition that you can do. I see you just joined in March, that is way to soon to give up, although I don't know why you would quit? It is now year #6-7 for me and things are finally starting to roll.... imagine if I would of quit 3 years ago? Yea...
interweb49
Trust:
Adrian,

I HAVE been at this for quite a few years too but obviously not as seriously as this program.
I've just been doing what most of us do......trying all of those 'make money an hour from now' scams.
I'll look thru clickbank AGAIN and see if my ancient old brain catches on to something.

Thanks, interweb49
interweb49
Trust:
Adrian,
Sorry to seem so stupid, but i've been to clickbank many many times and all MY BRAIN see's is a bunch of affiliate sites.
I don't understand what you want me to get out of looking there.
I'm sure you don't want me to set up an 'affiliate type site' as they are as over-done as the 'work from home' ones.
Is that what you mean?
I tell ya, you young whipper-snappers with all of those brain cells working overtime for ya are starting to tick me off, hahaha.

Thanks again, interweb49
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
interweb49 wrote:Adrian,
Sorry to seem so stupid, but i've been to clickbank many many times and all MY BRAIN see's is a bunch of affiliate sites.
I don't understand what you want me to get out of looking there.
I'm sure you don't want me to set up an 'affiliate type site' as they are as over-done as the 'work from home' ones.
Is that what you mean?
I tell ya, you young whipper-snappers with all of those brain cells working overtime for ya are starting to tick me off, hahaha.

Thanks again, interweb49

Browse into the different sections and categories of products that Clickbank offers, not just the make money sector. See what you can come up with from your own brain on top of that as to what markets all these products are for... There are many many more markets than just the "make money" market. You don't need to have a site about making money to do it :)
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hey Interweb49 -welcome to the forum!

I'm a 4o something too, no excuses about your age :wink: Like Sean said I can't believe you don't have a passion for something.... some questions to ask yourself:

why do you want to make money anyway? What are you going to do with your money? What do you want to buy? Where do you want to go? If you didn't have to work, what would you do with your time and money?

Hope that helps you remember what really drives you :)

Promo
interweb49
Trust:
Sorry Promo, no passions!

I'm outta here!

Good luck to all of you.

Byeeeeeeeee, interweb49
interweb49
Trust:
Hey Promo, i forgot to say that i know age isn't anything. I'm only kidding when i say that stuff. I'm less than 3 months away from 58 (yikes), but still think i'm in high school most of the time.

Okie dokie, byeeeeeee again, interweb49.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Goodluck in succeeding online then. Hope all goes well.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

superaff
Trust:
oops Interweb!

If you don't have a passion (I doubt seriously about that...), you can still go after the 'money for you niches' like Golf, Weight Loss...

There is money for everyone.

Don't quit man.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
The reason I tell you to focus on a topic you're interested in, is that it's very hard to stay motivated when you have absolutely no interest in your topic. The ability to stay motivated is the absolute key to success in this industry. I know it sounds like a bunch of feel-good rubbish, but when you're just starting out it can take time before you start seeing (what you would consider to be) significant results. During this time it's easier to keep going if you love your topic.

But if, as you say, you have absolutely no interests on this earth, by all means try making a site about something you're not interested in. All throughout Affilorama I give examples of affiliate sites. You know these are likely to be profitable, otherwise I wouldn't be involved in them myself. Why not just pick one of the markets I talk about and give it a go? If you're not interested in the subject, you might be interested in the experiment instead. And then once you've done it once, you'll start to have more ideas.

Seriously though, if you can't get excited and motivated at this stage in the process, I have real concerns over whether you can do well in this game. I'm not kidding. Even if you produce the worst affiliate site on earth, you're still going to be more successful than the person who never even gives it a go.

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

lunatunes
Trust:
interweb49 wrote:Adrian,
I HAVE been at this for quite a few years too but obviously not as seriously as this program.
I've just been doing what most of us do......trying all of those 'make money an hour from now' scams.
I'll look thru clickbank AGAIN and see if my ancient old brain catches on to something.

Thanks, interweb49

Well, then its time to get serious! If all you have been doing is what other people who fail are doing....that being trying the make money an hour from now scams then you need to do something different. And if you are on affilorama then you have already made the decision to try something different and thats great.
You have only been on here for a few weeks. You are not going to make money in a few weeks any more than you are going to make money in an hour. I have been on Affilorama since about November and have not made any money. But.....I know that I will. Because I am learning the business. If I were going to college to get a degree in electrical engineering I would know that NOT in my second year or my third would I be making any money in electrical engineering. That doesnt mean that I would drop out of college. Why?....because I would know that when I graduate I would have the knowledge it takes to be an electrical engineer and make money. Internet marketing is no different. You have to learn the trade. And just like college it takes a lot of hard work....studying...researching...reading....studying some more...time...effort...discipline...sacrifice ect. Which is why college is not for everyone and neither is Internet Marketing. You have to decide if it is worth it to you or if it is even for you. Of course I'm sure you already know that nothing worth while in life comes easy. Although this is no where near as hard as going to a university to get a degree. I know....I've been there. You will not need to study your but off for 4 to 5 years before you make some money, but....you will be expected to and need to, study your but off for at least a few months to get your head around all this internet marketing stuff. If you decide to give it a go the crowd here at affilorama are more than willing to help.

Blessings,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:
Well, then its time to get serious! If all you have been doing is what other people who fail are doing....that being trying the make money an hour from now scams then you need to do something different. And if you are on affilorama then you have already made the decision to try something different and thats great.
You have only been on here for a few weeks. You are not going to make money in a few weeks any more than you are going to make money in an hour. I have been on Affilorama since about November and have not made any money. But.....I know that I will. Because I am learning the business. If I were going to college to get a degree in electrical engineering I would know that NOT in my second year or my third would I be making any money in electrical engineering. That doesnt mean that I would drop out of college. Why?....because I would know that when I graduate I would have the knowledge it takes to be an electrical engineer and make money. Internet marketing is no different. You have to learn the trade. And just like college it takes a lot of hard work....studying...researching...reading....studying some more...time...effort...discipline...sacrifice ect. Which is why college is not for everyone and neither is Internet Marketing. You have to decide if it is worth it to you or if it is even for you. Of course I'm sure you already know that nothing worth while in life comes easy. Although this is no where near as hard as going to a university to get a degree. I know....I've been there. You will not need to study your but off for 4 to 5 years before you make some money, but....you will be expected to and need to, study your but off for at least a few months to get your head around all this internet marketing stuff. If you decide to give it a go the crowd here at affilorama are more than willing to help.

Blessings,
Randy

Randy has spoken... all shall listen :lol: Well said...
PremiumMember
jayne
Trust:
Hi, another brand newbie here. Just got the package and have started to build my web and articles etc - on fire!

I am a little "freaked out" by the comment that somebody has been doing this for 4 months and made no money......

I thought this was the answer to all my searches online and was looking for quick results - for massive effort too, mind you.

Any stories to tell about money made FAST anyone?

Or if it is slow going, should I not put all my eggs in the one basket and do this on a part-time, rather than full-time basis?

Ta,
Jayne
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Jayne wrote:Hi, another brand newbie here. Just got the package and have started to build my web and articles etc - on fire!

I am a little "freaked out" by the comment that somebody has been doing this for 4 months and made no money......

I thought this was the answer to all my searches online and was looking for quick results - for massive effort too, mind you.

Any stories to tell about money made FAST anyone?

Or if it is slow going, should I not put all my eggs in the one basket and do this on a part-time, rather than full-time basis?

Ta,
Jayne

Hi Jayne,

It's great to see that you have the enthusiam to keep at it. There is a TON of money to be made, however it will not happen overnight. If you have some cash on hand, you may wish to start with a pay per click site or if you prefer, you can optimize your website to appear in the natural search results. The process is a crucial one to understanding the business of SEO and it will take a few months 4 - 8. However in that time you will learn all the ins and outs of the business and in the end... have your website ranked for the word you need. Ask Sean06 here about his doubts on SEO in the beginning and what he thinks now :)

It takes time to learn but it is worth it in the end. Once you do it once... just rinse and repeat. I hope you see the value of this!

All The Best
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Jayne,

How much you make and in what time frame is going to be dependent on you.

You could create a website for PPC today and throw your wallet at it, and then make a some fast money. This is going to be tricky to do right away, but theres no reason you can't do it.

On the other hand, if you don't have the cash to throw at it, you may want to take the SEO route, which can be frustrating as you don't see an results for months.

But like Adrian said, I've seen the light and SEO is a lot easier than people think. It just takes months of work.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

rlunatunes
Trust:
Hi Jayne, Dont be too freaked out by my being on here for four months and not making any money. That has been my choice. I'm the kind of person who needs to understand 75% of something before I really start applying things. Others jump right in and work through a lot more mistakes, which is also a good way to go. It depends on how your brain is wired and your type of personality. I did try an adwords campaign and learned a lot from it and will jump back into it pretty soon now that I have a lot more knowledge under my belt. Keep in mind when I started I pretty much only knew how to turn on my computer and check my email....lol
If your a bit more internet savvy then your much more ahead of the game then I was. I look forward to seeing your progress and eventual success.

Blessings,
Randy
[url=http://mozy.com/?ref=3f9a896b&kbid=26059&m=8":1uga1vcr][color=red:1uga1vcr]Mozy Unlimited Backup....Excellent Computer Backup Service!!! "$4.95/month"[/color:1uga1vcr][/url:1uga1vcr]

tszewee
Trust:
Hi, I'm a newbie too, not frustrated, but more overwhelmed.
i'm very excited by the amount of things to learn. one look at the number of lessons out there shows this is hard work and not some free lunch, and hard work seems more attractive and possible than those "make money easily" promises.
anyway, i've registered a domain and was intending to work on a website about parenting cos that's what i'm familiar with and thought there's a lot of branches that can grow out of there.
problem is i'm getting a bit overwhelmed by the amount of competition out there and the broadness of the topic...
my question: is this topic too difficult for a newbie like me? (cos i'm think so :(
comments/critiques and/or enocouragement please :)
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
tszewee wrote:Hi, I'm a newbie too, not frustrated, but more overwhelmed.
i'm very excited by the amount of things to learn. one look at the number of lessons out there shows this is hard work and not some free lunch, and hard work seems more attractive and possible than those "make money easily" promises.
anyway, i've registered a domain and was intending to work on a website about parenting cos that's what i'm familiar with and thought there's a lot of branches that can grow out of there.
problem is i'm getting a bit overwhelmed by the amount of competition out there and the broadness of the topic...
my question: is this topic too difficult for a newbie like me? (cos i'm think so :(
comments/critiques and/or enocouragement please :)

Start up your own personal thread and we will go from there :)