Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Feedback On My Site Please : 100 Clicks But No Sale

PremiumMember
brandonrohrer354
Trust:

Feedback On My Site Please : 100 Clicks But No Sale

hey guys,

I'm getting a little bit of traffic from ppc mostly. I've had over 100 clicks on my affiliate redirect but haven't made one sale.

check out my site. I'm open to any kind of feedback for improvement.

www.mansguidefordating.com
srgnnrkl
Trust:
brandonrohrer354 wrote:hey guys,
I'm getting a little bit of traffic from ppc mostly. I've had over 100 clicks on my affiliate redirect but haven't made one sale.

check out my site. I'm open to any kind of feedback for improvement.

http://www.mansguidefordating.com

Not loading for me
PremiumMember
brandonrohrer354
Trust:
sorry the link is wrong...

try this one

www.mansguidetodating.com
PremiumMember
brandonrohrer354
Trust:
I posted the the topic originally about how im getting about 100 clicks on my affiliate redirect link but no sales. Im posting again because I put the wrong url in the post. here's the real one.

www.mansguidetodating.com
tankctrlr
Trust:
Hard to tell without knowing anything about the ads, if the ads don't match the landing page then you're not going to get conversions.

http://unbounce.com/ppc/poor-message-match/

A few things about your site:

The headline doesn't help me figure out what the site is about, I don't know who those guys are.

There's links that don't work in the content.

Showing 0-comments in the right panel and footer makes me think that this site is either new or unpopular (because no one is commenting).

You start talking about yourself in the content but I don't know who you are why should I listen to you.

In my opinion you're not going to make sales with a small site like this. with a site like yours (Content site?, Review site?) you need more content, more posts, more everything, social media, guides, etc., anything that builds a community. But then you still send people from PPC ads to a landing page not the home page.

If you're just wanting to do PPC>Landing-Page>Sale, then you should learn about Conversion Optimization and how to create landing pages that convert + how to get e-mails and do E-mail Marketing.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Brandon,

The site looks good. Congratulations! :)

The header matches the colors of the site as well as what the site is about. The image appears cut off though. You might want to tweak that using the header creator. You can press CTRL+right click then drag the image around to the correct position. You can also do the same to the text on the header. You can reposition them so that they do not overlap with the image.

The article you have on your home page is interesting and informative. Is this the article where you are getting the most clicks on? I checked the other articles on your site, and while they are all good content, there's too little of them. You might want to add more articles to the site. I also noticed the articles on your site are written in bold letters like this one http://www.mansguidetodating.com/catego ... verforget/ . You might want to change that by going to the Post Editor, or check the Affilotheme > Design and Layout > Colors and Fonts and make sure the fonts for your content area are not set to Bold.

I ran your pages through Traffic Travis and the most common on-page SEO error is that your pages do not have meta-description. This is important as this describes what the article on your page is about. I suggest you use SEO plugins like Wordpress SEO to add meta-description to your pages. If you are already using an SEO plugin, then please make sure to add a meta-description to your pages.

If you're getting clicks on your affiliate link but no sales, then I suggest you look at the content on your site and make sure that the content is not just informative but convincing as well. Some, if not all, of the articles on your site, should be able to persuade or convince users to purchase the product.

You might want to look at where you're getting the traffic as well. Are you getting targeted traffic? Are you getting the clicks from the pages that have keywords with high buyer content? It's possible that you're getting users to look at your articles because they're looking for information, but since there's not much articles on your site, they click on your affiliate link thinking they will be taken to another site with more information.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
brandonrohrer354
Trust:
thanks for the reply tankcntrlr and cecille.

1 question. Why do I need more articles and information? Isn't the whole point of my website to get traffic and send them to the landing page of the product? Why do I want to keep them on "my" site?
tankctrlr
Trust:
Well if you're planning on just buying traffic then there's no need to have a bigger site. Most top ad agencies however, want you to have a site with more content or functionality before you can advertise with them and you have to have the usual pages like a privacy policy, about page, disclaimers etc. etc.

For example your site as it is built now would not be allowed for Adwords:
Google says... "Google AdWords doesn't allow ads that promote bridge pages. A bridge page, also known as a doorway page, is a webpage created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site. Bridge pages can also be sites that drive traffic from AdWords-compliant content to non-compliant content. Affiliates that display the same characteristics may also be considered bridge pages.

Bridge pages offer little or no unique content and are considered low value to users. To comply with this policy, your site must have substantial amount of valuable content."
https://support.google.com/adwordspolic ... ic=1626336

About Making Changes

The changes that were mentioned are all needed to instill TRUST in the visitor's mind, nobody's going to spend money online with you if they don't trust you; they don't want to be scammed.

You need to make the pages look/function as professional as you can to eliminate friction and prevent visitors from falling out of your marketing funnel. (Conversion Optimization)

100 Clicks No Sale

As Cecille said if you're getting clicks to the sales-page of the product but no sales then that means either the sales-page/offer is no good and/or you're sending people to that page/product that aren't targeted enough to buy it.

If they aren't targeted/qualified enough to buy it, you need to tweak your ads and what kind of traffic you are getting + tweak your landing pages and optimize the whole campaign together.

So... AD>LandingPage>Product, are all matched.

This means you need to know WHO the product is made for specifically (Product/Market Research). And with good Copywriting in your ads and landing-pages you can target/attract people who will buy it, all because they are the RIGHT person with the RIGHT frame of mind Find the right people they'll be happy to buy it.

If their sales-page isn't good though there's not much you can do, maybe you can ask to bypass it somehow and build your own but that's more of an advanced tactic.

If you do everything right and still get no sales, then the sales-page stinks or worse the product stinks and you should move on to another. That's the great thing about being an affiliate marketer you can simply move on to the many other products/services, the possibilities for getting commissions are seemingly endless!

If you can market correctly. Remember it's affiliate MARKETING, don't forget to master the marketing part.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

PremiumMember
brandonrohrer354
Trust:
thanks tankcntrlr for your time it is greatly appreciated.
PremiumMember
brandonrohrer354
Trust:
ok guys,

ive done quite a bit of work to my site....let me hear some feedback.

one question:
there are links on my site that don't work. they are certain words that automatically get linked. I think its some sort of SEO benefit.

I have 2 SEO plugins installed. 1 is SEO smartlinks and the other is wordpress SEO.

I cant find a way to "unlink" these mystery words.....any help is appreciated.
Site Admin
simonslade
Trust:
Hey Brandon,

Sounds like the SEO SmartLinks plugin might not be configured correctly; to switch them off completely, disable the plugin; to find out more about reconfiguring it, I'd read up here
http://www.prelovac.com/products/seo-sm ... er-manual/ (specifically the bits about ignoring keywords, and Automatic Interlinking)
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama