Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Domain name first or keyword search first?

mario3173
Trust:

Domain name first or keyword search first?

Do I come up with a domain name first or do I do the keyword search first?Can I get some help, please.

Thanks,
Mario
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hey Mario,

Well........ it's hard to say really......... it's like buying a car without being sure what type of tires you want... you can do it either way. I would suggest to do research first though... in everything you do. Then when you have a few good keywords picked out.... you can formulate a domain name around those.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Once you've worked out your niche, just pick a name either based on keywords or just choose something catchy.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I usually form a name around the niche, but I look more carefully into choosing names for each landing page.

e.g. if I am creating a landing page on my site for 'web site hosting review', then I'll make sure that my landing page is mysite.com/categoryname/web-site-hosting-review.html

With regards to your dot com name. Look at your keywords first, see what is relevant to more people because that can affect the numbers of clicks on your google listing.

In most cases, something like the main niche name will be good, eg for curing heartburn

curemyheartburn.com
stopheartburnnow.com
heartburnnomore.com
heartburncured.com
heartburnresolved4u.com

Hope that helped, if you want something branded to be memorable (rather than for seo and clickthru rate purposes) then choose something more catchy.

E.G.

firehearts.com or heartfirefighters or something.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive