Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Do I have to use the exact keywords on my article?

isle15
Trust:

Do I have to use the exact keywords on my article?

Hi, I need to know if I have a keyword for example "natural treatment herniated disk" can I put in my article
natural treatment FOR herniated disk which makes more sense or does it have to be exact?
Last edited by michellerana on 09 Mar 10 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Isle,
I usually add the FOR if it is going to make it read better.
There is a fine line between getting the keywords displaying exactly how you want but you also need it to look ok for someone who reads it.
I usually try to get other exact keywords as well for the sites other pages.

Imagine reading this article about buying a shovel....
I went down to the store to get myself a shovel digging hole, doesn't read well does it?
It should be... ( Shovel FOR digging A hole )

If you can get away with putting the FOR before a keyword great, but sometimes as in your case.. it just isn't possible and it does not sound right.

also, if someone type in to a search -
natural treatment herniated disk
and you have your title and keywords with the FOR...
natural treatment for herniated disk... then Google will just bold the -
natural treatment for herniated disk

Does that make sense?

Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

isle15
Trust:
Hi, so are your saying it's ok to add the for and it won't hurt my google listing?
wollowra
Trust:
I do not think it will make much difference in my opinion as google will bold your words as I explained above, however..
What I am saying is...
1. If you can write an article without the stop words in it ( For, The, Of etc... etc.. ) and just have the keyword phrase then do it.
2. If you can not do it then just add the FOR as you don't want the article to sound funny when reading it.
It doesn't provide a good user experience when a reader reads words that are just written for keyword optimization.
In this case you have no choice if you want it to sound natural so just use the FOR.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Dec 18, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.