Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Deleting and Reposting. Is this bad practice?

biswatch
Trust:

Deleting and Reposting. Is this bad practice?

Hey all,

I'm still very new and experimenting with affiliate marketing so bear with me please. I created a site with friend of mine (Shawn) targeting just one specific product using the Google Sniper Method. I am starting to wonder if this method is a bit too simple. It suggests creating a site with just 3-4 posts and few pages targeting specific product. I think it's probably better to have a site with 20+ posts to get credibility. The problem is, my latest post was where I posted the review!

I'd like to delete the latest post ... add 10-20 more posts and then repost the review I created. Do you think this is black hat? Will this be detrimental to my rankings?

For example of site I am talking about check out: www.howtobeanexpertpersuaderreviews.com

Thank you again! So wonderful to find this community.

-Steve
michael025
Trust:
Hey Steve,

I don't see anything wrong with doing that. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think doing that would affect your rankings. You can wait for opinions from other members, but I would do what you are thinking of doing, as this is to improve your site....
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I don't think it would hurt your rankings for very long, unless you were already ranking well for whatever terms were on the page that you are trying to rank for. I think you might notice some downward movement for a while. Now, if you were going to this on a page that had been up a year or two and had really good rankings on a competitive term, then that could affect your rankings. But if you're just getting started, I think the dip would be so negligible you would hardly notice.

My brother might be able to provide a little more insight into this, because I know he's made several sitewide changes over the last year or so as he tried out different things. But that would be my guess.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

biswatch
Trust:
Thanks! I will go for it :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you can do that, but if you are just doing it because you want the post at the top of the list, you can also just change the post order. Once you get the other posts done, just go into the review post (you can do it from the quick edit under "posts" and change the post date/time. this will move your review back to the top of the list.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

biswatch
Trust:
Thanks James! That's what I ultimately decided to do. :)

This topic was started on Mar 23, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.