Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Backlinks From Blog Comments

biswatch
Trust:

Backlinks From Blog Comments

Hey guys,

Once again, have a newbie question. Finally have 2-3 sites up and am getting into the offsite SEO. I've begun experimenting with blog comments first and have found this to be really tedious. Mostly I've been searching via Google Blogs. Obviously there are a lot of blogs but the vast majority are no follow links. It seems like most Affiliates are using forums and article marketing above all else.

I'm curious, is blog commenting the toughest backlinking strategy? Do you all use it? If so, why am I finding it so challenging and coming across so many NoFollow blogs? Maybe my strategy in finding these blogs is poor.

Any insight into this will be much appreciated as always!

Thanks,
Steve
joshuas
Trust:
Hi, I hardly ever use it. Most times I might do one round of blog commenting at the initial phase of backlinking just for variety. To speed things up, try using Comment Kahuna. It's a free piece of software but you will need to opt in to their sign up page to get it.

Joshua
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hey Steve, I do a lot of blog commenting. I just posted a video on how to find blogs for commenting. I guess it depends on passion in your niche. I am personally interested in the niches that I target,so I comment on blogs that I would want to follow anyway. the backlink is a bonus, not the focus of my efforts. Finding high quality blogs, and not the spam blogs is the hard part, but I show several ways to do that in my video. You might also check out this post on 10 ways to find blogs in your market.( leave me a comment while you are there and you get a good do follow backlink :) ). This is a guest post I recently did as part of a guest posting contest, so check it out.

I look at blog commenting as a minor part of my linking strategy. my main thing is to engage that community, and try to get to know the blog owner a little through the comments. then I can do what I really want, which is get a guest post on their blog with links in the actual body of the post.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could still post on nofollow blogs. Your site would get a lot of traffic and you'd be able to connect to your target market through blog commenting.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

biswatch
Trust:
OK ... Wonderful! Thank you all. Very helpful :)
isabellas
Trust:
Something that I have done in the past as well is a search for Ezinearticles and used to back link that way with comments. However, with the Panda, not sure how well that would work now.
ishuvonet
Trust:
Before commenting install search status addon for firefox and you will then know which blogs are no follow.Blog commenting is the one of the most powerful strategy till now and you might want to buy a scrapebox which allows you to find blogs that accept comments instantly.And this is of course right that article marketing and forum participation is the most powerful and effective way to promote affiliate products and services.
Work from home affiliate program INSANE conversions :http://rebateprocessorjobs.com/affiliates.htm

colormecharisse
Trust:
Hello I to need some advice. I have a website running and I am getting lots of comments. Is it to my benefit to accept the comments and the links within? Thank you.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you have to be carefull about aproving comments. there are a lot of spam comments and you have to be able to tell if they are legitimate or not. I recommend using a spam filter. I use the GASP spam filter plugin myself. It will block all automated comments and only allows manual comments. over 75% of the spam I was getting went away when I started using it.

Once you start filtering out the automated spam, you still have to manually moderate the manual spammers. as you look at the comments on your site, look at them and see if they are relevant to the posts, and also look to make sure the sites you are linking to are not spam sites. always remember, Google cant really penalize you for who chooses to link to you, but they can penalize you for who you choose to link to, so if you have links to spammy sites, they can lower your rankings.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

gdi
Trust:
Hi Steve,
In my humble opinion blog comments - backlinking are the best way to go. Next to it are forum posts, and article marketing is my last choice. I know it takes a loooot of time and effort, but I belive it's worth it. The worst part is finding good do-follow blogs with high PR, but onece you find it, you're good to go.
Discover How To Successfully Start Building Your Home Based Business Online
Global Domains International a.k.a. GDI - http://www.gdidiary.com

colormecharisse
Trust:
Okay thanks so much, I will weed through all the comments: out with the bad/in with the good.
cecille.l
Trust:
Most blogs and forums are no follow. I found that it's best to have that mindset whilst looking for a good ranking blog and forum related to yours. Once you find one, participate, build a good reputation for yourself and your website. That is what will bring in traffic and sales in the long run.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

hanzgama
Trust:
Nice post . Blog Commenting is one of the best seo strategy and in fact we can gain more back links through on it.
service
Trust:
hello,I have a question about comments on posts/blogs. I have activated comments on my websites and heaps of comments come in. i edit them and only post genuine ones. from another help thread i loaded the patch to make my comments 'no follow'--i hope it worked.
my question is--now with comments working, TT4 'site analysis' says i have too many, more than 100 outgoing links, and google may not like this and may not index these pages.
is this correct and should i be concerned, should i remove all comments?
any help would be appreciated
thanks
mm
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey mm, I wouldn't be too worried about it if this is all done in a legit way (e.g. lots of outgoing links due to lots of people leaving genuine comments on your blog post or something - google is smart enough to understand a 'comments system'), but if you're doing the linking yourself, then split them over multiple pages as anything over 100 outgoing links on a page (anything over about 50 links for that matter) is getting too much, and while google may not 'penalize' your page, it may count against it a little.

Of course, if the outgoing links are spammy blog posts etc, then moderate those ones out.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

service
Trust:
thanks for the reply, you have answered a lot of questions i was unsure of.
the outlinks i spoke of are from comments, as i only ever have 5 selling outlinks per page
thanks once again for the reply
mm
jcdean
Trust:
I do alot of blog commenting too. The trouble is getting a link with anchor text in there. Your name becomes the anchor text.

I found that on alot of blogs once you have left a few posts, you no longer get the "waiting for moderation" message and you post get's published right away.

If you leave several really good post then you can slip in an in anchor text link in the content and the blog owner will often let it stay.

The link must be relivant of course, you can't drop a link to your lose belly fat blog in a dog training blog.

Blogs are kinda like a forum, you need to build up tust before leaveing links.

This is a really good tool (Link Below) to dig up recennt blog post on your niche. I have been useing it for about a week and found it to be very helpful in finding places to comment. It returns hundreds of results, tells you the PR of the site, and the do follow status.

NOT an affiliate link

http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers-forum/492780-1900-sold-under-80-left-push-button-fresh-google-pagerank-dofollow-edu-backinks-right-your-desktop.html

This was already mentioned but leave good comments and people will follow you link back to your blog, as an added benifit.
Respect,
JC Dean

This topic was started on Mar 26, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.