Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Backlinking Daily Schedule

PremiumMember
kheirolx
Trust:

Backlinking Daily Schedule

I'm planning to create a daily, weekly or monthly schedule for myself in back-linking process. Process include:

1. Article writing
2. Article Submission/ Web 2.0 (How many directories a day)
3. Blog Commenting (How many blogs a day)
4. Forum Commenting (How many forums a day)
5. Video Creation and submission
6. Web/Blog Directory Submission
7. Social Media Posting (How many a day)...

and so on...

I'm planning to make my internet marketing my full-time income source from now on so I would like to know how I can boost my daily productivity.

To the experienced internet marketers out there, would you care to share your schedule?

Full-time schedule with a template would be a great help.

Probably Mark Ling would like to share your schedule here too?
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi kheirolx,

Good job on getting a schedule up! That will help you keep track of your link building efforts and how far you are from your goals.

Mark shared his link building strategy in the Affiloblueprint course. If you have access to Affiloblueprint, you can find this on the Step 6 Resources sidebar.

All the best!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
kheirolx
Trust:
Hi Cecille,

Yes I believe it is important to track our work carefully so that we do not miss anything along the way.

At the moment my work is all scattered and when most of the time I couldnt finish a job, by tomorrow i will forget what i need to do.

Also I find myself lingering on doing research for too long, most of the time jumping from a topic to another while not completing my previous project. By end of the day I get nothing done.

A schedule would really help in this.
PremiumMember
kheirolx
Trust:
Hi all,

Received a good tip to create your own schedule from an Affilorama staff, Mary, during a private discussion email support.

Here is what she suggested...

Follow these step by step:

1. Determine how many hours you have (per day or per week) for affiliate marketing

2. List down all the marketing/SEO efforts you need to do in a regular basis. It is best if you list down the most important ones first.

3. Organize your backlinking/SEO efforts in Excel with each sheet containing each task.
You should be doing the following for this step:

*First sheet contains your daily or weekly schedule for your backlinking/SEO efforts

*Second sheet contains your master account info- where your site information is located (like website link, current PR, number of backlinks, keywords, etc) and also all your login infos

*The succeeding sheets should contain the backlinking efforts you will be doing regularly (like directory submission, bookmarking, article submission, etc). Each of these sheets should also contain the following information arranged in columns:

- date of submission (when you started to work on the task)

- website link (the website link you are promoting/submitting)

- keyword/s (the keywords you used)

- landing page (the site/page where your backlink is found)

- status (if the landing page link is live or pending)

- notes (other important notes should be placed here)

Mary mentioned to also include the website analysis task. You can just go over your website stat once a month to lesson your work :)

Thank you Mary. This is a great tip.

Anyone else care to share? A template perhaps?
kallayprasanth05
Trust:
Initially you can go ahead implementing some or all of the SEO processes you mentioned for about say 30 minutes a day. Later you can enhance the duration by another 30 minutes or so.
endy daniyanto
Trust:
Hi kheirolx,

The short answer to your question is: it depends. Not every website/project requires the same amount of work.

In my case study, I write about how it took me 551 hours of work to score $419.21 in income with my first AffiloBlueprint site.

With the hindsight I learned after this case study, on another site it took me 9 hours of work to score my first sale: no back links, just one page of content (most of the hours were spent in research).

The amount of work you need done depends on your chosen niche, keyword, and competition.

If you ask me about these items:

1. Article writing: I spend an average about 2-3 hours to research the topic, gather market data (eaves drop on online conversations) and write the content.

2. Article Submission/ Web 2.0: not much or not at all. One successful site I have has only 8 Web 2.0 properties linking to it, with content that is spun to 60-70%. It takes about 4-5 hours to do this on my own.

3. Blog Commenting : none, I don't do this at all, but I'm trying it as a test with one of my sites to see how efficient they are.

4. Forum Commenting: none, this one I don't do at all, but you can use it to target highly targeted traffic, providing you can find the right thread that is highly relevant to your site.

5. Video Creation and submission: Yes, around 4 hours to create and upload (most of the time is spent uploading). I have a successful site that has 3 videos on it, in fact the videos rank #1, #2, and #3 on their own.

6. Web/Blog Directory Submission: I don't do this

7. Social Media Posting: Post each time you have new content.

As you can see, I am a heavy believer in speed and efficiency. I want to make sure that what I do works, so that I don't end up being busy for being busy's sake.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Endy
Songwriter. Affiliate marketer. Casual gamer.

PremiumMember
kheirolx
Trust:
kallayprasanth05 wrote:Initially you can go ahead implementing some or all of the SEO processes you mentioned for about say 30 minutes a day. Later you can enhance the duration by another 30 minutes or so.

Thank you for your feedback kallayprasanth05. Appreciate it.
PremiumMember
kheirolx
Trust:
endy daniyanto wrote:Hi kheirolx,

The short answer to your question is: it depends. Not every website/project requires the same amount of work.

In my case study, I write about how it took me 551 hours of work to score $419.21 in income with my first AffiloBlueprint site.

With the hindsight I learned after this case study, on another site it took me 9 hours of work to score my first sale: no back links, just one page of content (most of the hours were spent in research).

The amount of work you need done depends on your chosen niche, keyword, and competition.

If you ask me about these items:

1. Article writing: I spend an average about 2-3 hours to research the topic, gather market data (eaves drop on online conversations) and write the content.

2. Article Submission/ Web 2.0: not much or not at all. One successful site I have has only 8 Web 2.0 properties linking to it, with content that is spun to 60-70%. It takes about 4-5 hours to do this on my own.

3. Blog Commenting : none, I don't do this at all, but I'm trying it as a test with one of my sites to see how efficient they are.

4. Forum Commenting: none, this one I don't do at all, but you can use it to target highly targeted traffic, providing you can find the right thread that is highly relevant to your site.

5. Video Creation and submission: Yes, around 4 hours to create and upload (most of the time is spent uploading). I have a successful site that has 3 videos on it, in fact the videos rank #1, #2, and #3 on their own.

6. Web/Blog Directory Submission: I don't do this

7. Social Media Posting: Post each time you have new content.

As you can see, I am a heavy believer in speed and efficiency. I want to make sure that what I do works, so that I don't end up being busy for being busy's sake.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Endy

Hi Endy,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, work load depends on the keyword competition.

What I learn is that I had to discover my own strategy by implementing all the guides given in AffiloBlueprint consistently.

So I set up a schedule for myself, and run all the steps from AffiloBlueprint. I made sure I complete all the steps in a week and repeat them the week after. After a month or two, I start to notice which of the steps was giving more traffic to my site.

From there I just had to give more to the ones that are working well and for the rest of the steps I continue on with it's original pace.
brad9
Trust:
Looks to me like Mary & Endy have covered about the process that I go when I approach this, but I would add one thing more. Allot some time for analyzing where your traffic is coming from. If you can use shortened URLs it's pretty easy to track. If you cannot, you can still do analytics. Obviously, it should help you to be able to determine where you should be spending more time/less time.
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

PremiumMember
kheirolx
Trust:
Hi Brad,

Thank you for that additional info. From your advice it looks like I have to figure out ways to concentrate more on marketing via Stumbleupon. I'm getting loads of traffic from there. Is this normal that I am getting many traffic from Stumbleupon? Is everyone else getting lots of traffic from there as well?

My bounce rate is very low tho. Too low that it feels really weird 0.25%. Am I missing something or am I having real targeted audience?
brad9
Trust:
Stumbleupon & Reddit seem to be generating a lot more traffic recently that some of the other obvious choices. I'm guessing that they're just getting higher usage than they were at first. That is a very low bounce rate, but then again, you're not wanting them to navigate away from your page, right? I guess if you feel like it is unrealistically low you could do more research just on Stumbleupon & see if you can figure out the reasons behind it. Are you using their "paid discovery" advertising? We'd love to know what you find out...if you've uncovered the secret formula for getting people to click through instead of click away. :)
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

PremiumMember
kheirolx
Trust:
brad9 wrote:Stumbleupon & Reddit seem to be generating a lot more traffic recently that some of the other obvious choices. I'm guessing that they're just getting higher usage than they were at first. That is a very low bounce rate, but then again, you're not wanting them to navigate away from your page, right? I guess if you feel like it is unrealistically low you could do more research just on Stumbleupon & see if you can figure out the reasons behind it. Are you using their "paid discovery" advertising? We'd love to know what you find out...if you've uncovered the secret formula for getting people to click through instead of click away. :)

Hi Brad9,

Thank you for your response. The bounce rate increased from 0.25% from my last post to 0.32% today.

I am not using "paid discovery" advertising. My routine after submitting a post to my blog:

- I will share the post in Stumbleupon + all the other social media sharing offered in Wordpress Jetpack.

- Choosing the category (travel category in my case).

- For the keywords I will enter my main keyword, 5 long-tail keywords and a few LSI.

- I use my META description of the post and copy it to the comment/description box in Stumbleupon.

That is it.

However I have a feeling that I am having low bounce rate because my traffic comes from referrals/Social Media mostly. I managed to double my PPC income this month. Pretty awesome progress for me. Never had that much increment in my previous attempts on other niches which I myself to blame. I was not consistent enough previously. And all thanks to the wordpress jetpack, all sharing is now automatic.

I am still juggling with content building and doing research on how to do better marketing though stumbleupon. Speaking of content building, I still haven't found a good writer in iWriter for my niche. Can anyone recommend me a good writer for "travel adventure" niche? I have just started my backlinking project for my website and I am afraid that I might not be consistent in posting my content in the blog. Just thought a backup plan would be great.

This topic was started on Jul 23, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.