Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Article Marketing Question

webnaturally
Trust:

Article Marketing Question

Hey all, I have a questions regarding Article Marketing. I have been writing some high quality 500-700 word articles and posting them to various article sites. Once I have submitted them I add them to various social sites to help google find them. I've been doing this for quite some time but it seems like Google never picks them up. I use traffic travis to research my sites backlinks and the articles never show up.

How long does it typically take for the article links to show up and benefit my website??? I am more than willing to generate good quality articles in my niche and submit them, but it's discouraging when you don't see results.

Thanks for any advice!
Tom
newstart
Trust:
My results may be atypical. Often the backlinks I produce whether from article marketing or other sources such as forum posts have not shown up for as long as 90 days.

When I first started out I became very discouraged as they were not showing up after I published. Now I am satisfied to just keep producing new backlinks knowing that eventually they will benefit the website.

Margene
webnaturally
Trust:
Thanks Margene. 90 days sure is a long time! My problem is that I am to results oriented. I don't mind putting in the work, but I want results and I want them fast! I need to be more patient!

Is there a particular website or tool, other than Traffic Travis, that you can track your backlinks on?
newstart
Trust:
I believe there are quite a few tools available to check website backlinks however I believe they all use the same sources to procure their information. Besides Traffic Travis I have used: http://www.dirgio.com/. Dirgio is a paid service that provides information about backlinks to specific websites.

As I stated before, other than I can trace the links back to their source using Dirgio, Traffic Travis's number count has been relatively accurate only varying by a few links if any.

Margene
webnaturally
Trust:
I found this site, www.backlinkwatch.com. It matches up perfect with what SEOQuake says my yahoo links are. It also shows me the anchor text, and it should show the PR of the page but it doesn't seem to be working.

I will give my new links some time to get found.
ashley.edwards
Trust:
@webnaturally I think we are all are "too results oriented" and want to see success for our work immediately! Particularly in the digital space. If you keep producing quality content, though--and with some marketing on your behalf--the content will be found.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You can ping the URLs with pingomatic to help Google find the posts where you placed your backlinks.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

mark schaaf
Trust:
Hi webnaturally, I know what you mean by wanting results fast I think that is a problem we have in this country with many younger people and many of them have no patience which is something you need to do this type of work. Google does things at its own pace and there doesn't seem to be any reason. I remember putting up my first site and looking for it in the results the next and not seeing it in the top 100 pages and thinking what is going on my site is great but how would google know it was only up for 1 day and had no back links or anything. It took about 3 months before my site showed up in the top 50 pages of search results and another 3 before it was inside the top 15. since then it has bounced around between page 8 and 20 up and down all the time. Sometimes for no reason and having not changed anything my site would just vanish for days then show up inside the top 10 pages for a couple days then back to around page 15 again. I recently re did the looks of my entire and changed a few article which shouldn't have done anything because I use all the same tags keywords and other stuff and I kind of thought it would vanish and it did. it was no where to be found for almost 2 weeks and is outside the top 20 but I think with all the changes will make it easier for me to move it towards the top. Why am I telling you all this well it is just to give you an idea of a time frame of how long somethings take. Now depending on what your promoting you could do this in half the time I did because my area is very tough to get in but I know that going in. So good luck relax don't get up tight be patient and never give up.
Mark

cecille.l
Trust:
There's really no specific timeframe. Sometimes Google will show you these links and sometimes not. Most of the time, the link needs to bring in traffic to your site first, that is, it needs to be clicked before it will be indexed. Even then, Google can choose not to show that to you when you run a search.

Building links is a challenging task that requires patience. If you find yourself getting frustrated, move on to other things or maybe take a break and come back when you've recharged. :)
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

anthbls
Trust:
Hi, I'm a newbie here and Mark's post about not getting backlinks registered at Google is a little disconcerting. I am about ready to bite the bullet on Affiloblueprint. I have looked at I M forums, and a lot of people there say AB is a good program. Mark under promises and over delivers. I just hope it doesn't take 6months to get some sales.
Last edited by cecille.l on 31 Oct 11 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: grammar

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi anthbls,

As you probably read here in Affilorama and other forums, Google oftentimes chooses not to show all the backlinks you have made for some reason or other. This is no reason to give up as Google is no the only search engine you need to optimize your site for.

Affiloblueprint is a good program and we are in the process of further improving the course. However, the sales you will make using this program depends a lot on your experience and commitment to see the course through.

I hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Welcome to Affilorama, Anthbls!

Normally total newbies make several mistakes along the way, or don't have time to complete things properly. So it can usually take 3 to 5 months to make consistent sales.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Oct 04, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.