Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Adsense Experience

vishalk
Trust:

Adsense Experience

Hi,
I am having a site where I am getting decent amount of traffic but I am not converting it to sales. I had picked a niche which does not convert very well and its not even a clickbank info product. At the same time I am confident I will do well for my other sites as this was my first.

Now I am going to give this vendor another 1000 hops before I drop them.

In the mean time I was wondering if I could later monetize my traffic using adsense. I am getting a 30% CTR on my current ads.

I would appreciate it someone can share their experience with adsense like what is the average CTR they get and the kind of money involved. I am currently getting 100 visitors a day and from the way its going I think I can reach 200 visits by another month.

Cheers,
Vishal
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Vishal,
Yeah 30% CTR for adsense is good.
As for the dollars earned well that depends on the niche, ad payout and traffic etc..
If you get 200 visitors a day and 10% click on an adsense ad then you could make $3 to $10 a day, depending on the advertisers ad spend.
If you are getting no sales after 4 mths then it's time to try something else like Amazon ads or adsense etc..
You can even sell ad space to competitors.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

vishalk
Trust:
HI,
So as per you I should expect a 10% CTR from adsense ?

Cheers,
Vishal
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Vishal,
No, what I am saying is.. that is a possibility.
I would suspect most blogs or sites get around 3% to 5% ctr but that is just an estimation.
I have seen much higher CTR rates depending on the site or blog.
It is against Google's TOS to publish CTR rates so do your own testing and try to improve your ctr through ad placement, relevancy etc...
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

vishalk
Trust:
Great, I am much more clear now.

Appreciate it.

Cheers,
Vishal
slvrsrfr
Trust:
Something I'd like to add. A CTR of around 5% is a good goal, less than that and you should try and improve.

Personally, I'd be a little concerned if I was getting CTRs of around 30% regularly. Now I can't say for sure, but you could get reviewed by Google, so make sure if your CTRs are consistently that high that your site looks good, offers good content and is not overly promoting CTR or you might end up looking like MFA (made for AdSense) and folks have lost their AdSense accounts for that.

Small risk. Just make sure your site is good.

Jason
wollowra
Trust:
Yeah good point Jason.
I have a friend who has 20% ctr but he has a very good authority site with some great relevant content on it.
It has taken him a while to get there though.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Apr 14, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.