Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

50.49% Bounce Rate

capricorn68
Trust:

50.49% Bounce Rate

I'm a newbie in this business and this is my first website , just on Jan 11, 2011 I completed the site, had it reviewed did some adjustments and basically started my campaign strategy just Jan 28th (outsourced article submission, directory submission, ). As per today, google's analytic reports shows I had 101 visits to my site from 30 cities! and checked my Mail push I found 1 confirmed subscriber. But I am more concern about the bounce rate that google is showing ....I had 50.49% whch means half of my visits just click and leave the site.

Can somebody give me a good advice on how I can fix this? I'm open to any suggestions or comments.

My website : www.myfreegermanshepherdguides.com

Best regards,
Capricorn68
kajm
Trust:
Hi
I don't think 50% bounce rate is that bad. My sites range from 40 to 70% bounce rate. My best performing site, money wise has a 60% bounce rate. I've lowered the bounce rate on this site to under 40% in the past by taking away choices from customers and on my home page I still have no links off my site at all. But with a 40% bounce rate I made less money so I just concentrate on increasing my traffic numbers.
Kevin
capricorn68
Trust:
Capricorn68 wrote:I'm a newbie in this business and this is my first website , just on Jan 11, 2011 I completed the site, had it reviewed did some adjustments and basically started my campaign strategy just Jan 28th (outsourced article submission, directory submission, ). As per today, google's analytic reports shows I had 101 visits to my site from 30 cities! and checked my Mail push I found 1 confirmed subscriber. But I am more concern about the bounce rate that google is showing ....I had 50.49% whch means half of my visits just click and leave the site.

Can somebody give me a good advice on how I can fix this? I'm open to any suggestions or comments.

My website : http://www.myfreegermanshepherdguides.com

Best regards,
Capricorn68

Thanks Kevin, I thought I was doing so bad with that results. I ran my SEO ranking in Traffic travis and so far I had 2 keywords in top 9 & 10 rank in google! so I was thinking I did well but sad to see why people are not staying to explore more on my site.
jjperkins
Trust:
Hi Capricorn,
don't forget that if they are leaving through your affiliate links that's the whole point!

Like Kevin we have found no correlation between a sites bounce rate and profitability.
In fact I don't think we a single one as low as 50% so well done to you :-)

Jillian & John

mark schaaf
Trust:
You also need to understand that so many people are fickle, people often click on something just to see what it is even though they typed in a search. some people click out just because the don't like the colors on the page. I used to be concerned about my bounce rate and am still a little if I am getting my traffic from PPC or PPV where i am paying for the traffic. I have days where I get 200 hits and 95% click through and the next day I will get 50 hits and a 25% click through and I have no idea why but I sure wish I did. Mark
Mark

mail4maria.joe
Trust:
its mandatory to have large amount of traffic on your site but more important question belongs to the relevancy of that traffic. large amount of internet users just click anywhere and bounce rate varies on conversion point.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
one of my biggest converting sites gets a 70% bounce rate. i wouldn't worry about it. these kind of sites tend to get a lot of bounce traffic.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
ukruch
Trust:
50% bounce rate is decent, anything above that is where you need to start worrying

Ruchi
esolutions
Trust:
Hi Capricorn,

Setup goals in Google Analytics (for example 1 goal for each different affiliate link or signup). This information will serve you more than the bounce rate as it gives you a percentage of goals completed compared to amount of visits.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

This topic was started on Feb 03, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.