This morning I had the pleasure of interviewing Geno Prussakov. Geno is one of my personal favorite internet marketing bloggers, and also the senior editor for the Search Engine Marketing Journal for the affiliate marketing section. He is also well-known affiliate management expert, consultant, the author of two books A practical guide to affiliate marketingand Online Shopping through consumers' eyes and regularly speaks at many of the big affiliate and internet marketing conferences.
In this interview, Geno shared his expert opinion on the biggest misconceptions about affiliate marketing and the main mistakes beginners make when getting into the industry. He also shared his advice for newbie affiliates as well tips for creating a great relationship with your affiliate manager.
We also discussed:
- How newbie affiliates can learn the art of copy-writing
- The affiliate tax proposals in several US states
- The new FTC regulations regarding false claims, paid endorsements and disclosure of affiliate links
- The business and ethical issues of leveraging current events for profit
- Utilizing social media as an affiliate
- Geno's predictions for the future of affiliate marketing
- And much more
Listen to the interview right here:
This was a great interview with a real leading expert in the field - you definitely want to check it out.