Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Will I be penalized for using wp-o-matic?

dylanlim
Trust:

Will I be penalized for using wp-o-matic?

Hi,

I have watch a video by ewen chia on installing wp-o-matic plugin for blog. It basically pulls content from other people website and put it on your own blog. Since it will be a duplicate content, will it have any penalty on my ranking?

What do you guys think?
Last edited by faradina on 27 Jan 10 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: SEO

I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.
Send me a message if you are interested or you can add me
@ facebook: www.facebook.com/dylanlzw
twitter: www.twitter.com/dylan_lim

faradina
Trust:
Duplicate content, no matter what tool is used to post it, is still duplicate content and thus it is subject to duplicate content penalties. There's nothing like high quality, relevant and unique content for ranking your blogs or sites.
dylanlim
Trust:
I see. Thanks for replying. So basically it means that even though your blog is already rank in the first page of google, by using duplicate content as a source of additional information, you will have penalties as well?
I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.
Send me a message if you are interested or you can add me
@ facebook: www.facebook.com/dylanlzw
twitter: www.twitter.com/dylan_lim

PremiumMember
anthony69
Trust:
Hi, I saw that info as well about using RSS feeds to gather content for your site - do you still get penalised even if you only have the link to that content on your website rather than the whole article/content?
cheers
Anthony
clarafaie
Trust:
Hi Anthony,

It's just a link to the content, not the same content itself, so I don't really think your site will be marked down for that.
mymochamoney
Trust:
I use WP Robot on a lot of my sites and have had no problem with getting traffic to my site or ranking.

This topic was started on Jan 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.