Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Sending out newsletters - Is this spamming?

xman1970
Trust:

Sending out newsletters - Is this spamming?

Hi All,
Just a quick question to the rafts of people here with greater knowledge than me :wink: My website is getting closer to testing and I was thinking of asking people who leave without joining to answer a couple of questions why :cry: You know the kind of thing get into a draw to win an ipod. Obviously they will have to give me email address so I can contact them if they win. Now as they have given me their email address does that mean it's ok to send them a newsletter :?:

Or is this spam :?:

Just trying to do things right, legally and morally.....

Mant thanks to anybody who takes the time to reply......

Take it easy....

Ste
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
xman1970 wrote:Hi All,
Just a quick question to the rafts of people here with greater knowledge than me :wink: My website is getting closer to testing and I was thinking of asking people who leave without joining to answer a couple of questions why :cry: You know the kind of thing get into a draw to win an ipod. Obviously they will have to give me email address so I can contact them if they win. Now as they have given me their email address does that mean it's ok to send them a newsletter :?:

Or is this spam :?:

Just trying to do things right, legally and morally.....

Mant thanks to anybody who takes the time to reply......

Take it easy....

Ste

You should inform them that they will be receiving a newsletter if they sign up.

Adrian,
xman1970
Trust:
Hi Adrian,
You mean when the sign up for the survey as to why they didn't sign up to the website :?

Thanks for reply...

Take it easy....

Ste
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
xman1970 wrote:Hi Adrian,
You mean when the sign up for the survey as to why they didn't sign up to the website :?

Thanks for reply...

Take it easy....

Ste

On the pop up form or however you are collecting their email address... you should "pre-notify" them that they will receive a newsletter.. (before they enter their name and email)..... give them an incentive for their opinion or something... a free ebook etc...

Adrian,
xman1970
Trust:
Hi Adrian,
Like I said in original post their opinion will get them into a free prize draw for an ipod. So as long I inform them they will get a newsletter (as well as a confirmation for draw & an email stating they won/lost) everything should be legit :?

Thanks again....

Take it easy....

Ste
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh, as long as you don't try to pull a swifty on them, it should be ok.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

xman1970
Trust:
Hi Sean,
What do you mean by "pulling a swifty" Something dodgy ?? If that's the case no 110% legit :D

Cheers...
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
xman1970 wrote:Hi Sean,
What do you mean by "pulling a swifty" Something dodgy ?? If that's the case no 110% legit :D

Cheers...

Yea swifty is a fast one, dodgy, under the table, immoral, etc...
xman1970
Trust:
Just checking if that phrase meant something different in the rest of the world :wink:
PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
hmmmmm.... I am wondering about FTC implications with this. Aren't we supposed to have permission to send newsletters... prior to doing so? That is why many internet marketing gurus send prospects an email asking them to confirm that they want to receive further emails from them prior to placing prospects on their list of newsletter recipients - isn't it?