Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Odesk outsourcing problems

chettvq24
Trust:

Odesk outsourcing problems

I am trying to get some content created by someone on odesk. I have been trying to find some workers from the east asia, as I have heard their work can be good and it is cost competitive. I have posted a project and been looking for some good quality workers. The issue I am having is the ones applying have low scores in English skill etc. But the ones that look good and I try to interview, I seem to get no response from. Can anyone offer any insight in to this from past experience.
Thanks Adam
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Adam, have you tried using Elance instead?
chettvq24
Trust:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have used elance and still do, I have gone to odesk as they do seem to have some lower prices. I am guessing the people I am trying to contact who are not responding already have work as I have noticed they seem to have work in progress. Catch 22 for me, the good ones seem to have work already. The untested ones don't, I guess I will have to repost a tiny job to test out some people who have little to no feedback.
Having said that maybe I should go back to elance and try their for a cheaper deal.
Thanks Adam.
faradina
Trust:
Hi Adam,

Wherever you will be outsourcing, whether it be elance or odesk, the fact that the good providers will always be in demand will remain true. And that would be why it is harder to get the good ones to respond to your interview invitations on odesk: they either are too busy or are preferring to respond to more advantageous offers.

Yes, it would be a very good idea to put up smaller projects and hire new odesk providers who seem to show promise. The new ones are generally more eager to impress and do need contracts to get started (well, everyone has to start somewhere).

That East Asian workers can be less expensive is no longer strictly true. The cost now mostly depends on the skills, talents and experience of each provider.

Prices indeed are lower on odesk and that is because odesk providers do not have to pay anything upfront to odesk to become providers. oDesk just takes a commission from the providers' actual earnings. In contrast, if you want to become a provider in more than one category on elance, you have to pay certain monthly membership fees, regardless of whether you get jobs or not.

I hope that helps.
chettvq24
Trust:
Thanks Fara, makes sense. You are right, providers price on their skill level as opposed to where they come from. I was generalizing far too much In my first post. It just seems to me odesk are a lot cheaper overall and now you have explained, I understand why.
Thanks Adam
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You might also want to check the recommendations on this post:
Great Inexpensive Article Writing Service
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

faradina
Trust:
Hi Adam,

Another thing that could help you get experienced odesk providers to respond to your invitations is to have a verified payment method, if you don't already have one. Assurance that they will get paid is a major concern for providers and it is one of the things they look for when applying to jobs.
careybaird
Trust:
Fortunately, I haven't encountered any problem with odesk. I have several workers from there and they seem quite good. I agree with fara that you should first have a verified payment method and of course, try to invite odesk contractors with good working history as you can see it on their profile.
www.FreshStoreBuilder.com
The Most Advanced Amazon Associate Tool
Make $$$$ from Amazon with SEO Friendly Stores - only $97 - 30 day Money back guarantee

gourmet food blogger
Trust:
Fantastic site. I hadn't noticed https://www.affilorama.com before in any of my searches. Impressive job!
I’m a noobie here and I’m sorry if "https://www.affilorama.com/forum/website-content/odesk-outsourcing-problems-t9936.html" is the wrong place for this message.
Y'all rock! Link removed by moderator
PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
If anyone is looking for unique, high quality articles, I urge you to go to Niche Website Building. They provide the highest quality articles.
http://www.nichewebsitebuilding.com
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

This topic was started on Sep 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.