Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Ebook Content

bigbe1
Trust:

Ebook Content

Need some help from experienced ebook writers/sellers. I am starting my website and would like to contract with a writer in Elance to write my ebook. Are there any rules of thumb as to what price I should expect to pay for a topic on a specific form of cancer? Is there a norm on cost per 100 pages? If not, how to I estimate what to pay for content of the ebook?

Thanks everyone!
wollowra
Trust:
I am not sure if this helps but it depends on a few things.
1. How much you are willing to spend.
2. How many bids you get for your job
3. What price you will settle at for the winning ebook writer.

This could be $200 to $2000 depending on the pages and the subject and the quality of the writer.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
pfojas
Trust:
I agree. It will really depend on what you want to see in the ebook. You have to be very clear with the writer and send him/her concrete information regarding the product that you want to produce. Check out elance for more information on the rates. You can get an idea there. You can also try outsourcing writers from other countries. There are lots of quality writers, I'm sure you'll find one who can deliver what you need.
bigbe1
Trust:
Thanks for the information. I am wondering if its best to post what I am looking for on Elance without setting a price and see what comes in for bids or am I best to post a price range and see what people will do for that price?

I want a good quality product that people will get value from and not just something to stick on my site to fell up space so it maybe its best to post my requirements and see what comes in. Any thoughts on this strategy?

Thanks all.
wollowra
Trust:
The minimum price for placing a job on Elance is $50.. so you will need to put something...
A little advice though... Just do it..
Try not to over analyze things too much if this is your first time posting on Elance.
Figure out what you would pay for this great Ebook and content.
Sometimes there are new writers coming on board wanting to prove themselves so you can usually get a better price if they bid on your project... but that's up to you.
1. Write a good description of what you want and the qualifications or experience of the writer.
2. Ask to see some examples of work and read feedback
3. Accept the bid and work on the marketing of your site ( links etc )

Hope that helps.
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

bigbe1
Trust:
Thanks all - great help. Look out Elance!

This topic was started on May 24, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.