Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Confused About Ranking

purecooper
Trust:

Confused About Ranking

Hi all. I originally posted this in the wrong forum. I would be greatful for a little clarity.

I bought the Affiloblueprint to go through setting up an internet venture.

I understand that to rank for a keyword I need to include my targeted keyword in my content.

The question I have is, is it ONLY one webpage I use the keyword in and if so, how will my website rank highly if I only have the keyword in one article/webpage? Should I include the specific keyword I want to rank for in other articles also?

Thank you.
PremiumMember
macca.mck
Trust:
Hi Purecooper,

Usually you will decide before hand which page is going to be optimized for the keyword you are trying to rank for (also ranking for multiple keywords on one page is natural and a good thing). So that page will be the most optimized page on the site for that keyword.

It doesn't hurt the rankings of that page to use that keyword on other pages. Google will know what to rank once you start sending links and social signals which are themed around the keyword you are trying to rank for.

Hope that helps.

John
purecooper
Trust:
Ok. I see. Thanks for your reply. So do I build out more pages/posts that link to that keyword/page is what you're saying?
PremiumMember
macca.mck
Trust:
I would build out your site in a natural way. I like to silo my sites which means if it is a dog training site it would look like

http:://maddogs.com/breeds/scottish-terrior

So if I am trying to rank the scottish terrior page I would build external links from other websites to the scottish-terrior page which have related anchor text to signal to Google that this is what I want to rank this page for.

Just make sure everything looks natural and your not trying to SPAM keywords into the articles or the anchor text and you won't have any problems.
surveyguy11
Trust:
I'm not sure I totally understand the question.

But here's the way I do it:

- Building a site around an interest (or niche if you prefer) is the first thing I do.
- Then I will focus on finding the different categories relevant to that subject (between 3 to 5).
- Next I will write articles for each of these categories... Each article written around one keyword. The other articles will be written around other individual keywords and so on on...

I don't know if it makes sense to you?
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
I agree with the comments here. Just an addition, if you are doing SEO to bring in traffic to your website, yes you need to establish a set of target keywords for your website (which also includes your web pages). You optimize all of your content with these keywords so when someone searched for them online, your website is included in the search results. Your goal is to get your webssite/web pages on top of the search results so you can bring in more traffic.

Also, it would not hurt if you repeat (some of) your target keywords on your pages. That is just fine as long as you do not SPAM, meaning you don't just put those keywords on the pages to optimize them. This is black hat (bad) SEO. You just need to optimize keywords as necessary or as long as those keywords are related to the page/content.

You get to know more about SEO (definition, techniques, etc) in the latter lessons of Affiloblueprint. :)

I suggest you just go over each lesson one by one, do the homework as instructed, and if you have further concerns, you may post in this forum or contact support for help (www.affilorama.com/contact)
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

mark schaaf
Trust:
Here is what I think is an easy way to look at it.

Lets say you have a baking site your home page could talk about baking in general and say it is important to follow your recipes and baking times and what ever else you want to put there. With your main keyword being baking or recipes or whatever you want to target.

After that your other pages could target keyword like baking chocolate cake or vanilla cake or what ever that web pages subject may be.

Generally each page on your site is a landing page and each would normally have a different subject and it's own keywords but still fall under the same blanket keyword that your site is about.
Mark

This topic was started on Sep 23, 2015 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.