Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Blogging For Affiliate Marketing

archagarwala
Trust:

Blogging For Affiliate Marketing

Hi,
I am struggling to understand the concept of blogging for affiliate marketing.How can you write content every month for the same product?
Lets say I choose my niche to be migrane and I choose one medicine for affiliate marketing. How can I write every month about that particular product and how can I market that same product every month?

Are there alternate ways for affiliate marketing or blogging is the only way out?
thanks in advance
tankctrlr
Trust:
The way I've seen blogging work best is when you blog about a subject (migraines), and you provide value to visitors, helping them gain relief through tips, guides, etc., and then when the timings right, you drop in "recommendations" for products/services throughout.

This way you're not seen as always giving sales pitches but actually offering solutions to their problems. And these "recommendations" will not seem like sales pitches at all but will just feel like more helpful tips you are providing.

So you're not blogging about the products really, you are blogging about solving the problems and helping people.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

jessica2
Trust:
I totally agree with everything tankctrlr said. Is it possible to find other, non-competing affiliate opportunities in the same niche? Maybe you do affiliate for medication X. But you also do pillow Y that helps patients sleep better, wake up more rested and live migraine free. That would give you additional topics for blogging.
Working with http://chargebacks911.com/ to educate online moneymakers about chargebacks.

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi archagarwala,

How can you write content every month for the same product?

This is why we recommend you pick niches that are not just lucrative but something you're interested in too. This makes researching and writing for that niche less tedious and boring.

You can also choose to outsource the writing part of the site, as most marketers do.

Lets say I choose my niche to be migrane and I choose one medicine for affiliate marketing. How can I write every month about that particular product and how can I market that same product every month?

>>> You do not need to write about the product each month. You can write a review of the product and then drive traffic to that page. What you would need to write about on a regular basis are information regarding migraine: what is it, what's the current cure being talked about, how many are affected, etc.

Are there alternate ways for affiliate marketing or blogging is the only way out?

You can choose to do affiliate marketing without a website, but having a site has better results long-term.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

joao.alhanati
Trust:
Hey archagarwala (and everyone else),

I definitely agree with everything that was said earlier -- a lot of good points were made on the blogging strategy for affiliate marketing. However, make sure you don't mistake a blog with a single web page. Let me explain...

In the past, many affiliates would create a single webpage for the product they want to promote. They would then proceed to drive traffic to this webpage, do SEO, and hope traffic turns into conversions.However, blogging is different, and I believe it definitely has its advantages.

A blog has many webpages; about page, multiple blog posts, contact page, e-mail subscription page, product review pages, etc. -- and requires regular updates (usually via new blog posts) to stay updated. However, the great thing about blogging is that you can have a more general niche for your blog, but you'll still be able to focus on more specific niches within your blog posts. This gives you the flexibility to change-up the topic from time to time, depending on which product you plan on promoting.

For example, you can have a blog about "health" (super general), but one (or more) of your blog posts can be about how to overcome headaches. When you are ready to find a different product to promote, you'll have a more general vertical (health) to focus on instead of being stuck with a super specific niche.

I hope this makes sense. These are just my opinions and "two cents" so, if anyone else has any other comments or questions please join the conversation. :)
Joao Alhanati

This topic was started on Oct 10, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.