Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Article Oursourcing Dilemma

kurt
Trust:

Article Oursourcing Dilemma

Writing articles has been the biggest pain for me. I research my topic and gather notes. Those notes along with my keyword research helps me to figure out what I need to write about. But, it takes me forever (days) to write out my articles. I absolutely hate doing it, and because of that I end up procrastinating and putting it off.

It would be so much easier if I could just outsource the article writing. I would rather pay $15 an article than to have to write them myself - even if I already got my notes together. I just really do not enjoy writing them. The other steps I can put up with, they're monotonous and repetitive, but they're easy. Taking my notes and rewording them - putting them into my own words is a lot of work.

But there are reasons why I feel like I can't outsource my articles. I'm the one that did the research and has a better understanding of the subject - how is somebody else going to take my notes and understand what is and isn't important in those notes? How are they going to know what needs to be said better than me? And some things really need to be worded in just the right way. I feel like it would just be too easy for someone else to get things wrong since they haven't researched the subject like I have.

The likely hood of someone else writing me an article to my satisfaction is slim. I am picky, and I think if you're wanting to be perceived as an authority in your niche than you need to be picky. If people come to your website and they happen to notice any discrepancies in your writing, or anything that isn't worded in the best way, your credibility will suffer.

I'm just wondering what your guy's thoughts are on this. I've seen websites where things are not worded real well, and to me it makes them seem less credible. I think it would make people question them as an authority on the subject. And ultimately make it harder to convert people to sales.

I've even thought about going through my notes that I've taken for an article and separating everything that I want said (and reworded) from what I don't want said, and then remove the unwanted stuff. Then add any other thoughts that I also want included - and give that to my writer. Does anybody do that - basically tell them exactly what you want them to write (reword)?

I could give that a try I suppose, but I'm sure I'll still end up having to reword some things.
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Kurt,

It sounds like you're really in a tight situation: you are too picky to outsource, but you don't like writing so you have to.

I suggest you try it out first. You can give your research to the writer with your list of target keywords along with your instructions. You can follow up with the from time to time or according to a schedule you've set. You can ask them for drafts of the articles they're writing for you and if you don't like how they're doing it, then you can late them know right away.

There are a lot of marketers who make use of professional writers. Mark has a pool of writers he taps in to from time to time to create content for him.

I suggest you get one or two articles outsourced and take it from there.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

kurt
Trust:
Yeah, maybe I will outsource one and see how it goes.

Do you think anybody would bid on the job if I'm basically giving them exactly what I want them to write about? Do people do that? I"m not interested in their opinion or what they think. I don't want them to add additional stuff to it, or leave anything out which I've included. I'm basically just interested in them rewording my notes and then do their best to arrange it all into an article. Does that seem like too much to ask or would I repel writers this way? I would think it would make their job easier, but, I don't know, they might not see it that way.
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Kurt,

Do you think anybody would bid on the job if I'm basically giving them exactly what I want them to write about? Do people do that?

Yes, you will find writers who will be happy to do this for you. It's also a good thing to be completely straightforward in what you want done and how you want to do it. I suggest you look at the writer's sample work before hiring them and check out feedback from previous employers too.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Jul 03, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.