Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Anybody on Elance? Advice needed please..

kashcheck
Trust:

Anybody on Elance? Advice needed please..

Hi guys,

Oh man.. *headache* Here's the problem, I'm currently facing some credit card issues on Elance. I'm unable to pay the service providers through credit card, (glad that I discovered this before I award bidders with the project) as I happen to be in Singapore which falls outside Elance credit card authentication zone. So what Elance advised me to do is to fund my account through wire transfer because they don't allow funding account through credit card either.

And guess what? I just found out today that my local bank charges me $30 for the transfer service and another $20 for their corresponding bank in US to credit the money into my Elance account! This is insane, having to pay $50 just to fund my Elance account. Just imagine, I have to pay $50 each time I credit or withdraw from my account, that's more than enough for me to get at least 2 good quality article written for each transfer!

So if I'm not mistaken, Elance doesn't allow payments made through PayPal right? Can we do this behind their back? I have a PayPal account and I really don't want to spend the $50 on the transfer charges. So does anyone have any good advice to offer or have other recommendations of similar sites like Elance?

Personally, I like the way Elance manage the site except for the credit card payment limited to certain countries which is enough to throw me in despair. Alright, I know it’s for security reasons but that's not very global friendly. Okay..enough of rambling. Advice, suggestions anybody?

Greatly appreciated,
Theresa :?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Nothing you can do on this one. You are going to have to find an alternative somehow. You can thank the frauds in Singapore for that one.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I believe you may be able to open an account in a US bank? Is that possible? then you could use a debit card.
kashcheck
Trust:
adrian wrote:Nothing you can do on this one. You are going to have to find an alternative somehow. You can thank the frauds in Singapore for that one.

Adrian,

Mentioning about frauds in Singapore, I just did a search and I'm SO SURPRISE to find out that there's indeed many cases happening in my home country and is rank highly among the top of fraudulent countries. And I only thought our locals were hit by conning foreigners. Didn't know they were even using us as a hub to con globally as well.

I guess that's mainly because Singapore is more establish in the global market thus making it seems more trustworthy. So many people from the neighbouring countries grab the opportunity to use us as a mask to make a pile. I'm utterly disgusted! Can't they just make a decent living.. :roll:

Guess I really have to thank these irritating people for my problem here. And now I have to figure a way out.

revimp wrote:I believe you may be able to open an account in a US bank? Is that possible? then you could use a debit card.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I can. If I'm not mistaken, even if I can my initial deposit for the foreign account would be at least a couple ten thousand dollars maybe.

Pissed,
Theresa :evil:
Last edited by kashcheck on 14 Dec 06 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Try rentacoder.com

Adrian,
kashcheck
Trust:
Thanks Adrian, but rentacoder needs funding of the account through wire transfer as well. Argh..this is making me crazy. Having gone through all that learning and researching keywords, now I can't even get the articles written to get my site up.

I need some anger management and start thinking straight. My head is now full of finger pointing.

Think think think,
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
What did you them written on and how many?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thats too bad, I can imagine your frustrations. Have you tried workaholics4hire? I have no idea and they probably run the same way, but you never know.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

kashcheck
Trust:
Thanks sean, I have not really gone through the workaholics4hire yet. But I'm trying to email some of the providers in elance that bid on my project about paying them through paypal. Let's see if I will get any response from them. *cross fingers*

Praying hard,
PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:
If you have any friends or relatives outside of Singapore, you could fund them using paypal and they pay Elance. They would need to be a pretty trustworthy and helpful person though.

Can't think of anything else.
kashcheck
Trust:
Thanks cdidcott, I thought of that too. I'm racking my brains for names as well. But most of them are only studying there. They don't have credit card registered at the present country they are at now. Pretty tough nut to crack. Hopefully, I can get some positive response from the elancers.

Praying real hard,
Theresa
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
all someone needs is a debit card really,not necessarily a credit card.It works the same as a credit card for authentication purposes with elance,so if you know anyone wiht a US bank account you may be in luck.
kashcheck
Trust:
Thanks revimp, I guess your post does bring me some luck. I've just gotten positive response from the elancer and they are interested in taking up my project plus I can make payment to them by PayPal. Hooray~ I'm glad my nightmare are over. Obstacle 1 overcome!

Thanks everyone for sharing my problem. Really appreciate all suggestions and advice. Can't imagine how relief am I now.

Happy,
Theresa :D
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Glad to hear it finally worked out!
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
good for you.I knew there had to be a way